Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    The beer still seems to be working today, though I did not try to check out.

I, however, cannot convince myself that it is worth it for what now appears to be 3 bottles and a glass, especially as we have loads of glasses. There is nothing else on there we want or need, if there was oven gloves that would be different, I am in severe need of a couple of pairs of double oven gloves and getting rather annoyed that I cannot seem to find any reduced ones :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    The problem is that you are making yourself indispensable:rotfl:

I know, rather annoying.

Quite funny, he is supposed to be the fully trained telecoms engineer, but on Monday he tried putting a gate phone through two phone systems and I had to point out to him why he was getting an engaged light on the extension :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    ive done 3 orders for beer for the gift sets, its still working x
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thry9698 wrote: »
    Good morning
    I got my Alcatel text and email this morning £37.50 too for ‘scuffs and scratches’ this was a touch screen Samsung that had never been used - got with a good sim on cashback deal. Yes it had been sat in a drawer but definitely no screen scratches. Maybe they are doing this to all old phone models. Had a good run on ap so not disappointed but annoying how they can change the amount offered !
    Hope everyone has a great day.

That must be annoying. Has anyone received the advertised £50 in full yet? It seems odd that all are being valued the same, no matter what the model, as we know different models have different values for a normal trade in (and when bought new). The t and cs were so vague, stating smart or feature phone, that they were never likely to recover their £50 from most traded in phones anyway?

If anyone hasn’t traded it in yet it would be worth photographing your phone before sending.

It may be worth complaining to the retailer as this seems to be a pattern and therefore you wonder if the promo has been run in good faith.

The fact people have benefited from the AP promo is a separate issue in my view - Alcatel are not running that promo and therefore should not be let off (unless the traded in phone was beyond reasonable wear and tear, in which case they could have just rejected outright?).

HTH

Anon
  • wookeyhole1
    wookeyhole1 Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was going to go for a toblerone today but I cannot see which one is £1 on msm? any ideas please? thanks
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry everyone it's not on here, I'm here now got things price checked, staff rude and busy as people asking if it's on. Friend in trouble now lol
  • Annabell5
    Annabell5 Posts: 750 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning.Just rang a big Boots that opened at 8 and she said definitely not happening today.Hope shes right cause I'm not trailing for nothing.
    Morning everyone.
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Someone in Boots now (one that opened at 8.00 am) and no 70% on today

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 17 January 2018 at 10:49AM
    Options
    I was going to go for a toblerone today but I cannot see which one is £1 on msm? any ideas please? thanks

This 360g one.

It is now showing at £4 for Waitrose on Mysupermarket :eek: yesterday it was £1

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Block_Chocolate/Toblerone_Milk_Chocolate_Bar_360g.html?TrackingCode=AQMAAAE.O0sWq8q5okmMNAh1cNaqTA

Also showing £4 on waities website.

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/toblerone-milk-chocolate/462351-134871-134872

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The beer still seems to be working today, though I did not try to check out.

I, however, cannot convince myself that it is worth it for what now appears to be 3 bottles and a glass, especially as we have loads of glasses. There is nothing else on there we want or need, if there was oven gloves that would be different, I am in severe need of a couple of pairs of double oven gloves and getting rather annoyed that I cannot seem to find any reduced ones :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I treated myself to 2 pairs of double gloves in S. Black and white stripes think they are £2.20 ish matching t towels 4 pack £3.50 again reduced, still a bit more than I wanted to pay but bought 2 packs ......cause I'm worth it!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure