Egg PPI refunds

Options
Hi guys

In around 2003 I had an egg card and I'm sure it had PPI .. since then it was passed to Barclays and I cleared it a few years ago.
Does anyone know if I can claim PPI .. I've never done anything like this before

We did have PPI which was pushed at us when we took our mortgage out but it was in ex hubbys name (can't remember if it was joint) I do have the paperwork at my mums so could check but we have since split so guessing that a no go.

Sorry if in the wrong place guys .. just I'm debt busting crazy at the minute lol
Thanks a million in advance for any advice
Lisa x
DFW
January £0/£11,100

NSD
January 1/31

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,953 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

Usually the further back in time you had the PPI, the less chance there is of getting a refund.

Do not be fooled by these claims management companies telling you they can go back 30 years, its rubbish, any longer than 6 years ago, all a company need say is that your claim is statute barred under the Limitations act 1980.

If you have paperwork, it will help your case, if you do not, then its a gamble, and relies entirely on how far back the creditor keeps records.

Having said all that, for the cost of a stamp its always worthwhile trying, especially as the deadline to do so is looming.

Martin covers the process here :

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks a million sourcrates .. your right for the price of a stamp it's worth a shot ;)
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • thegreenone
    thegreenone Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Egg paid out PPI years ago. They sent me a letter and successfully claimed. Google Canada Square Operations. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure