Does anyone know if Energyhive is dead?

Options
My Wattson anywhere / energyhive suddently stopped working on Saturday evening, having been working fine until then. I've done the usual power cycle thing to no avail.

My display works fine, but the energy hive hub isn't reporting to the internet server and I get the "error 0.00 kw" display when I log into the dashboard.

I've been on to the energy hive website and my account is showing the hub as "version unknown". All attempts to contact tech support have failed. Their web links are dead and the phone number rings to a voicemail eventually.

Comments

• Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Quick update...

I managed to get hold of a guy called Jarone at Energyhive who was very helpful and explained they had a server issue occur on the weekend and have engineers working on it as I type. So it's a widespread issue affecting a lot of Energyhive accounts and we are to do nothing but wait for updates for the time being.

I have given my email address for updates, but he did say he might be able to post on this forum with updates himself, which would be awesome.
  • Energyhive_CS
    Options
    Greetings,

Thanks very much for your call earlier Andy and for flagging this forum to us.

We'd like to take this opportunity to provide an update on the ongoing server issue. As mentioned in Andy's comment, our engineers have identified the issue and have spent many hours over the weekend working towards a resolution.

The aim was to have the fix in position today but unfortunately this has not been possible.

We have spent much of the day updating individual messages from customers and hopefully this forum post will reach many more. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, and sadly some data may be lost. At this time we ask if you can please bear with us as we work hard to restore energyhive.

To reassure you, the outage has nothing to with the recent ransom-ware attacks. The timing of the two issues is merely coincidental.

We hope to be back to normal service soon and will do our best to keep everyone updated; thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Kind regards,

The Energyhive Customer Service Team
  • rugbyleaguesmate
    Options
    Hi there can report that my energyhive stopped reporting at 2pm on Saturday so will watch for updates here!
    6.72kw Pv Ja Solar 280w * 24 panels, Solar Edge inverter, South facing no shading.
    South Lake District, delightful view of Morecambe Bay. Not Saving up for a battery too expensive:j:mad::hello:

July Solar target 769kw
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    My Wattson anywhere / energyhive suddently stopped working on Saturday evening, having been working fine until then. I've done the usual power cycle thing to no avail.

My display works fine, but the energy hive hub isn't reporting to the internet server and I get the "error 0.00 kw" display when I log into the dashboard.

I've been on to the energy hive website and my account is showing the hub as "version unknown". All attempts to contact tech support have failed. Their web links are dead and the phone number rings to a voicemail eventually.

Mine went off for most Saturday too.....been fine since tho:)
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • rugbyleaguesmate
    Options
    Still down looks like it worked briefly at 12noon today
    6.72kw Pv Ja Solar 280w * 24 panels, Solar Edge inverter, South facing no shading.
    South Lake District, delightful view of Morecambe Bay. Not Saving up for a battery too expensive:j:mad::hello:

July Solar target 769kw
  • Andy_WSM
    Options
    Still down looks like it worked briefly at 12noon today

Yep, just checked mine - the same. :(
  • Energyhive_CS
    Options
    Hi folks,

Just a quick update.

Everything should be slowly returning to normal now. The servers are currently working through the backlog, which is why some of your dashboards may be back to normal and some may still be displaying an error.

We hope that everything should be caught up by tomorrow.

Once again, your patience is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Billy - energyhive Customer Service Team
  • rugbyleaguesmate
    Options
    Yay back working thank you

July Solar target 769kw
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 May 2017 at 11:14PM
    Options
    Hi folks,

Just a quick update.

Everything should be slowly returning to normal now. The servers are currently working through the backlog, which is why some of your dashboards may be back to normal and some may still be displaying an error.

We hope that everything should be caught up by tomorrow.

Once again, your patience is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Billy - energyhive Customer Service Team

Mine already working; no loss of data either; thanks, EnergyHive:beer: http://wattson.energyhive.com/dashboard/oscarsenergy coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Andy_WSM
    Options
    Mine has started working in the last hour or so. Wasn't online at 5:30am, but I could see some of the old data had been restored, now showing live readings, but not all data is present. Hopefully the server is still working on a backlog and playing catchup.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure