When does CMA stop?

Options
My partner has 2 kids with his ex wife, one is 10 and one is 15. He will be 16 in February but I just wanted to know when does he stop paying CMA? Cos the gov website says 16 but isn’t there new rules now about kids having to stay in education until they are 18?
I don’t really understand and would like a clearer picture. His ex wife has a good job and wage and myself and my partner (there dad) are on a joint benefit claim due to ill health. We have the 10 year old every weekend and the 15 year old comes every other weekend. And we have both of them all week on every holiday ( so two weeks Easter, 6weeks summer etc) even though that is not what the court order stated but his ex wife has other plans lol.
Any help on when he stops paying cma?
Thanks

Comments

• HoneyNutLoop
    HoneyNutLoop Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/eligibility

Eligibility

Child maintenance is for children who are either:
    • under 16
    • under 20 and in full-time education (but not higher than A Level or equivalent)
    • under 20 and living with a parent who has registered for Child Benefit for them
    I often use a tablet to post, so sometimes my posts will have random letters inserted, or entirely the wrong word if autocorrect is trying to wind me up. Hopefully you'll still know what I mean.
  • BAFE
    BAFE Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CM stops at 20 now, unless they are earning
  • Pinky85
    Pinky85 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for clearing this up !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories