Millionaire Challenge

Options

Comments

• ms_night_ryder
    Options
    Ll I have thought a lot about those bonds too, by the end if the year I hope to have some, to me they are like a refundable lottery ticket!

Just had my first proper paycheck come through for my part time job, I get paid holiday pay in advance, so I'm planning to put that in my savings account, probably to be used at Christmas time when I'll have a break, still trying to find out when I can finish my second part of the training, so I can do more work

Still not well, so not done much work apart from reply to emails, booking my self employed work, I've realised I haven't cooked this whole week and have just been washing the same bowls and mugs over again!! Still I've started steaming which is helping my chest.

Oh and I did buy my first Christmas present :-) got to start early.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I also have some premium bonds on much the same basis - like the lottery, but you do at least hang on to the capital. 0.97% AER at the moment for me, so not special, but at least there's a chance of getting more, albeit a slim one.
  • YoungBusinessman
    Options
    Hey folks, long overdue check in with use!! I need to catch up on this thread(by that i mean reading and paying off the massive debts i now find myself in) but.....I WILL pay my debts off and be on here again very soon, working towards that end goal of millionaire status!!!
    :eek:Living frugally at 24 :beer:
    Increase net worth £30k in 2016 : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69797771#post69797771
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hey folks, long overdue check in with use!! I need to catch up on this thread(by that i mean reading and paying off the massive debts i now find myself in) but.....I WILL pay my debts off and be on here again very soon, working towards that end goal of millionaire status!!!
    Good to see you back :). Have you seen Mr Money Mustache - sounds up your street :)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • UltimateNYC
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been following this forum for ages now, and I'd love to join, of you’ll have me! I think I've reached a stage in my life where I’ve muddled along long enough, and need to make some drastic spending and saving habit changes to reach that million target! The journey this group has been on is incredible, and I'd love to become a part of it!:)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome, UltimateNYC :) what route have you got in mind as yet?

I've put some thoughts on my mfw diary thread today, but I'll repeat it here. Each bit of my work, online work, needs an online presence. I have my counsellor website, shared with my business partner, which is just left as it is; my personal blog; my cat design blog (not much on there); and my cat website.

Thing is, the stuff I'm writing, and hope to eventually sell, needs it own presence. Its not much to do with cats, its not *anything* to do with cats. It needs to be a blog, I think, but both the blogs above are on wordpress, and thats by far the most popular blogging site. Anybody got any other faves? I don't want to do anything with google, they're already planning to take over the world ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • UltimateNYC
    Options
    Thanks Karmacat! :D Not a clue at this stage! I'd love to reach the million mark, in either assets or cash, by 40, but haven’t as of yet got my ‘million-pound idea’. I have a very satisfying job currently, but have managed to accrue very little in savings, though I’ve introduced a lot of little changes into my daily life to address this, and am actively looking to set up some additional lines of income separate from my salary though affiliated blogging.

This forum has been fantastic in its energy, creative thinking and support, so I hope to be bouncing some ideas around soon!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Karmacat! :D Not a clue at this stage! I'd love to reach the million mark, in either assets or cash, by 40, but haven’t as of yet got my ‘million-pound idea’. I have a very satisfying job currently, but have managed to accrue very little in savings, though I’ve introduced a lot of little changes into my daily life to address this, and am actively looking to set up some additional lines of income separate from my salary though affiliated blogging.

This forum has been fantastic in its energy, creative thinking and support, so I hope to be bouncing some ideas around soon!

Thats where it begins! Saving money that acts as the seedcorn for your idea, looking about at what you enjoy, what makes money, and taking it from there. Best of luck
    :beer:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 October 2014 at 11:35PM
    Options
    Hi YB was wondering where you had got to. Good to see you back.

Welcome Ultimate NYC. I agree with Karma, those little changes really add up. Look after the pennies and watch the £s grow.

Well this week I have been mainly shopping, choosing carpets, furniture, etc I have been haggling and bargaining in the best MSE tradition and shopping around to get the best deals. It all takes time but well worth it for the savings.....

I've also spent a lot of the week paint stripping, a chest of drawers and the staircase which had God knows how many layers. At least I've finally done it all and can now start with the nice jobs. I love painting, can't wait to get started.

I've also got down to some more Decluttering so hopefully a nice batch for the lady who sells for me. Every little helps.;)

Have a good week.
  • UltimateNYC
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, lessonlearned! :)

I’d love to get the group’s opinion on investing in trainings and additional qualifications as a long-term way of increasing salary? I'm looking to increase my salary at the same time as curbing my spending and increasing saving habits, and my current way of thinking is that investing in the occasional training course would be a good way to demonstrate additional value to an employer, though this obviously comes at a trade-off of some savings that month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback