Lowell CCJ and DRO

Options
Hi all,

I have applied for a DRO, payplan are sending me the paperwork and should complete in the next 6 weeks all being well.

Lowell bought a CCJ against me on the 1st Oct 2018 and i have just received a text from them saying i need to contact them today.

What do i do? Ignore it and let patplan deal with it, advise them a DRO is going through and due to this payment will not be made (cannot favour creditors) or do/say something else?

Thanks.

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Yes, ignore them. It's just another debt. It'll be covered by the DRO and they won't have time to do anything with it.

If you think you might have other debts with Lowell you can register to their site using the reference number for his one. I wouldn't give a genuine phone number though.

Their site will tell you all that they hold in your name. If you're doing a DRO you need to make sure you're including everything.
  • smallandcute
    Options
    Thank you @fatbelly. I am jist concerned that they will do ab attachment of earnings to recover the monies. And i dont fancy baliffs on my doorstep. If they do appoint baliffs do they have right to enter my home etc as the CCJ is enforcable or would it be rhe same as usual ie you dont let them in etc?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you @fatbelly. I am jist concerned that they will do ab attachment of earnings to recover the monies. And i dont fancy baliffs on my doorstep. If they do appoint baliffs do they have right to enter my home etc as the CCJ is enforcable or would it be rhe same as usual ie you dont let them in etc?

They won`t have time to do any of these things, enforcement action takes time, Lowell will run through there list of standard letters first, just concentrate on setting up the DRO.

No one can enter your home except the police acting on a warrant, or HMRC chasing tax, bailiffs can make a peaceful entry only, through an unlocked door, it won`t come to that.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • smallandcute
    Options
    Thanks for this info socrates, much appreicated.
  • smallandcute
    Options
    How long does it take for further action to be granted and actioned? Realised that i need to save up for my DRO so it will take me a couple of months.
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Everything has a process that must be worked through and can be slowed down.

Just post here if you get anything
  • smallandcute
    Options
    Just bumping as i have jad another letter from lowell saying i owe £200 and if i dont dont pay in the next 14 days then enforcement action will be taken. This will be the second month of no payment. Hoping to get my DRO through by the new year so still a little while to go. Should I do anything or continue to ignore?
  • fatbelly
    Options
    They got a ccj for £200?

Any further action costs money and it can't make much sense to spend further on a small ccj. Nevertheless they could do, and you would get a notice from the court detailing which route (attachment to earnings, third party debt order, bailiffs, order to obtain information, charging order) they were going down.

Their letter doesn't really move things on so I'd continue to ignore
  • smallandcute
    Options
    No CCJ is for £550.00 but letter states outstanding balance as £200. 00 since CCJ was granted in Oct.

Ok will ignore then. Do the courts send more docs stating what the further action is?
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Were you ordered to pay £100 per month then?

Yes they make the application to the court and the court writes to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure