Mail from a DCA going to a friend I stayed with 3 years ago...

Options
Hi,
A friend I stayed with while I was homeless in 2016 has received mail addressed to/for me from ASCENT LEGAL.
I will collect the mail from them as soon as I can in order to pass on to my trustee.
I don't recognise who they are claiming to be acting on behalf of but realise that some of my old debt may have been passed around various agencies etc.
Despite my assurances that it's not at all likely to happen, my friend is concerned that baliffs may appear and take all their stuff etc.

I'm pretty sure I am doing the right thing in just passing this on to the trustee of my sequestration to deal with and that my friend should't hear anything further. However, just putting this here for folks to reassure me that I am doing the right thing.
Thanks
BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
R.I.P. T.P.

Comments

• Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Debt collectors will try any address you may have once been connected to as they are trying to find you. It sounds as if it’s old pre-bankruptcy/sequestration debt so give your friend a copy of your Order so they can show that to any bailiffs that appear at their door.

It has been known for debts to be sold on post bankruptcy/sequestration (which is clearly extremely dodgy) so these things can happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure