IVA Firms reccomendations please?

Options
Im concidering an IVA and would like to seek futher advice. Does anyone have any recommendations as to who to approach please?

Im particularly keen to avoid firms that want you to take out a secured loan if you cant remortgage.
Im looking for great communication and customer service with direct acess to the IP rather than case workers etc.
Thanks

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    tiggy748 wrote: »
    Im concidering an IVA and would like to seek futher advice.

Im particularly keen to avoid firms that want you to take out a secured loan if you cant remortgage.
    Im looking for great communication and customer service with direct acess to the IP rather than case workers etc.
    Thanks

Hi,

Most firms follow the IVA protocol, which is basically a standard framework on which your IVA is built, i have heard of some firms offering the secured loan option, this appears to be a fairly new adaptation.

You will be lucky to get direct access to an IP, in almost every case the day to day running of your arrangement will be done by there team, certainly not the IP in person, i never spoke to mine in 6 years.

If you look on either the National Debtline website or stepchange, they have lists of approved IP`s.

What are your circumstances, why choose an IVA ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Gmg0049
    Options
    I am also considering an IVA, where on the forum can I get impartial advice?

I am particularly interested to find out if I can remortgaged my property to release an amount of equity which in turn would allow me to enter into an IVA pay a one of lump sum and exit the IVA without having to go through a 6 year repayment plan.

Additionally I have my property on the market currently in a hope to sell, release equity, downsize and pay of the debt, however the selling of the property is not proceeding to well and I cannot afford to keep dropping the sell price.

Advice to where I should perhaps post the issue may be needed as this could be in the wrong forum. Where or who can I get advice from in order for me to make an informed decision.

Help would be appreciated and the clock is ticking,

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family