Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Wish, your mortgage is a lovely round figure. Its also quite a,hi e figure - can't wait for mine to be sub £40k! Good luck with October :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Wow, so much to catch up on Wish! Love your clear goals and budgeting skills. Hope to try YNAB once I reduce my hours and have a little more thinking space, seems to really work for you.

Which sling are you looking to buy? I found after about a year old DS wouldn't go in one and DD2 was too heavy for me/difficult to get on the back.

Thanks MW. I love YNAB.

I'm going to get the toddler isara, I've got one on hire from our sling library at the moment. Pickle loves the sling (and the wrap) he's been in a sling since he was 8 days old. The pushchair is living in the boot of the car at the moment as he wants to walk a bit then we carry a bit too and it's so much easier.
    I've put one of our baby carriers (Moby Aria) up for sale this evening to offset the cost a bit.

Babywearing is not a money saving pastime., although I am nowhere near as bad as some I know.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Today was not a nsd again! (Story of my life!)
    It started this morning with a £6.80 postage spend to put two tubs of creme egg brownie in the post to two taste testers. I can't get hold of the corn syrup needed to make the creme egg fondant anymore, so I'm testing out a new way of making it and needed to send samples to two 'testers' but, do you know what? They will both appreciate getting a parcel of brownie in the post, so I don't care.
    Then I paid for the next block of Pickle's swimming lessons. I've said it before, but £51 for 10 swimming lessons is a bargain and it's such an important skill.

In positive money news:
    The majority of the direct debits went out today, so I've Tilly tidied the YNAB pots to the mop pot- don't tell me to only fill the YNAB pots with the exact amount for each direct debit because they are messy amounts for example £297.89 for the mortgage payment. I can't cope with that. So £300 goes in and the £2.11 gets Tilly tidied to the mop pot when it's done. - works for me!

Then this evening I get an email from a survey company saying the final survey is ready, I fill it in and get a £20 reward for what was technically a 14 day survey. I get missing the 'daily poll' though so I assumed I wouldn't be getting the reward. However I did. So... £10 to the mop pot and £10 to the sling fund to get that off the ground.

I've had 1 person message me about the Moby carrier basically asking me to reduce the price. I've said no, it's already a bargain and much cheaper than many other slings on the market, even preloved. If it doesn't sell this month, then I'll reduce it next month.

Finally - I spent my birthday Amazon vouchers on a new watch. I dropped mine at the swimming baths last week and smashed the glass, it's not economical to repair. So I've bought a very similar version again, just upgraded to have the date showing as well as the time.

Now.. will tomorrow be an nsd?

Update on day 2.

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £28.23/£72.38
    Mop pot target 2) 0/£47.76
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Money for new sling: £10/£110

Survey/tasks/cashback: £20/£50
    £20 - shop along

NSDs: 0/12

Wish.
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Omg creme egg brownies sound so good :drool:!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    A bit too sickly for me. But others seem to like them.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Today has been a good day
    Today the first lot of brownie arrived at its recipient's house
    Today has been a nsd
    Today I've cashed out £1.94 on Qm33
    Today I've Tilly tidied my mobile phone bill pot
    Today I've received an invitation to a job interview.
    Today is bake off.

That sums up my day really. Pickle settling down to sleep now.

Tomorrow maybe a nsd.

And... we're about to enter the long 'not much happening' part of the month. So I need to keep plugging away at the survey sites to keep things going. If I can get something on Qm33 everyday and cash that out, that will keep me motivated. I'm about 150 points short of a £5 payout on swgbcks and half way to my next amazn voucher on vo. So hopefully things will keep moving PA is being a bit rubbish for me currently which is a shame because I find the surveys on their really interesting.
    Oh well...
    Another day to come.
    Have a lovely evening everyone

Update on day 3.

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £30.44/£72.38
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Survey/tasks/cashback: £21.94/£50
    £20 - shop along
    £1.94 - Qmee

NSDs: 1/12

Wish.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Today has been very spendy, with one amazing mse moment. I did get a bit into the 'well I've ruined my nsd now, so I might as well carry on spending' but it's not a total disaster.

I renewed the hire on my sling, hopefully for the last time. I'm going to order the sling through the library so I'm probably looking at a £20 saving, I'm not going to change my target until I know for sure.
    Then, I did a top up shop in Ald1- bread flour and icing sugar is a bit of a random top up shop
    Lunch for pickle and I in the local cafe, only a £5 spend and plenty of space for him to run around.
    C0stc0 to fill the car up, dishwasher tablets, more cat food to get us through to Christmas, And a new tire for my car. But.... it didn't need replacing, just repairing so an £8.40 spend, not the £40-£50 I was expecting. I also bought some coffee pods for my dad, but I'll get the money back for those. Oh, and we had 'afternoon tea' there whilst waiting for the car.

Also to an email from tab today saying 20% cashback on certain shops including a clothes shop that hubby likes, so I've ordered him a hoody for Christmas.
    Will definitely have to watch the pennies next week.

Ynab (classic) is being glitchy and the app on my iPad isn't updating with the spends from the phone app, so I can't Tilly tidy until it does. So... I've cashed out today's 98p earnings from qm33. I'm about 1 survey away from a £5 payout on swgbcks I was hoping for today, but maybe tomorrow.

Update on day 4

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £31.42/£72.38 (still just on target for the £220 super stretch mop pot)
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Survey/tasks/cashback: £21.94/£50
    £20 - shop along
    £2.92- Qmee

NSDs: 1/12

Wish.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Today has been a nsd, but it's also been a no survey day, so my mop pot has Not incresased grrr. I'll keep checking until bed time and try and get a little something. I'm now behind target for my super stretch mop pot goal, but I knew that would happen as I've had all the start of the month easy wins.

I went to the supply agency to sign up today, all went fine, but it's going to cost me £72 to get a dbs check: £44 for the check, £13 to register with the update service and a £15 admin fee which is ridiculous and I'm completely unable
    To avoid it. So that's my 'stuff I'll forget pot pretty Much wiped out. Good job I have that pot, I've used it every month so far, maybe it needs renaming as 'miscellaneous ' or something.

Tomorrow my friend is taking Pickle for a little bit so I can prep a presentation for an interview next week. Then it's the friday food shop (so not a nsd) my supermarket says £54.15, which is a bit higher than normal, but I've run out of a couple of things where I don't compromise on the brands and nappies are slightly cheaper inAld1 at the moment, so I'm going to stock up on those. Apart from nappies everything else is from Mr T as far as my supermarket is concerned. Then price check in Ald1 as I go round.

I have run around like a mad thing since Pickle went to bed to attempt to get ahead of myself for tomorrow and am feeling pretty pleased with what I've achieved so far. Just about getting there I think. Will check my bullet journal and then fall exhausted into bed shortly.
    I'm just hoping Pickle sleeps well tonight. He's teething molars...

Update on day 5

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £31.42/£72.38 no change :eek:
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Survey/tasks/cashback: £21.94/£50 no change :eek:
    £20 - shop along
    £2.92- Qmee

NSDs: 2/12

Wish.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Today has gone as planned.
    Pickle slept through the night (why do I still feel so tired though)
    My friend took him out for a couple of hours and I started prepping my interview presentation, got a fair amount done and should be able to plug away at it now.
    After nap time was the weekly shop. My supermarket said £54something (mostly tesc0, but an ASDA item, a couple of morrisons and Aldo nappies. However, using my usual trick, I got most things cheaper (per unit) in Aldo and only had a few branded bits to get at Mr T's. That bit of the shop was a little bit of a disaster, a couple of items weren't in stock so I had to up shift my brands or buy a different size with more expensive unit prices. I was still able to come in at £5.44 under the Mymensingh supermarket prediction.
    I also bought a plastic wallet folder thing (£3) and have ordered some luggage labels (£4.95 for 50). Both are related to my interview next week, but the luggage labels I also use when giving away my knitted goods.
    I took the 'interview' spends from my spending money and the nappies from household goods, so food shop for the week is £40. I can live with that. My plan is to stay out of food shops until at least Thursday (I've got strong flour to make bread' milk gets delivered twice a week and I always buy under ripe fruit so it lasts)

i need to do some juggling somewhere as I've already spent most of my diesel money for this month, but I'll need to fill up hubby's car as I've got a 2.5 hour drive to and from the interview and a trip to London. My car is being used by a friend (as I can't see her struggle with no car, whilst I've got two cars outside my house) she will return my car with a full tank of fuel, she always does, so my November fuel spends should be minimal/nothing, but, in the meantime I need to juggle. I think I'll take it from 'stuff I'll forget' to start with as, if I get the job on a Wednesday, they will do a Dbs for me, so I won't have to pay out for one for the supply agency.
    Another reason to get the job.

Weekend plans:
    Lazy last family morning for a while tomorrow, taking hubby to the airport after nap time. Depending on what that is, we may go to the viewing park for a bit to watch the planes - its hubby & pickle's idea of a good time. Then my parents are coming to stay at hotel Wish on Sunday before they fly out to New England Monday morning for a holiday. We've got a pub lunch booked on a Sunday, I suspect Dad will pay, if he doesn't mine and pickle's share will be more than covered by the money he owes me for his coffee pods. If I pay the total bill I've got 10%cashback with my bank rewards so not a disaster.

Finally: surveys have been pants again today, I need 1 decent survey to get a £5 payout on swgbcks, I've got nothing pending on PA because it's been dead for days. Qm33 has been rubbish VO hasn't been good today. I'm getting frustrated (I need to remember I've already had a £20 payout already this month, it just doesn't feel like it)

Update on day 6

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £34.68/£72.38 (about £8 behind for target 3)
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Survey/tasks/cashback: £21.94/£50 no change :(
    £20 - shop along
    £2.92- Qmee
    Hmmm something doesn't add up here, need to investigate.

NSDs: 2/12

Wish
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Your weekend sounds lovely. Enjoy :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback