Cheap chocolate tree decorations that don't taste hideous?

Options
Any ideas? All I ever seem to see are the Cadbury ones in the shape of parcels, and they are very expensive for what they are.

A few years back I picked some up that were like baubles, but I can't for the life of me remember where from.

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I think cheap chocolate tree decorations are cheap for a reason - they taste hideous.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just sellotape a few Maltesers to the tree.
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
    tasty cheap chocolate is indeed an oxymoron, in fact either all chocolate tastes horrible now (US impact?) or my taste buds have changed.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    maisie_cat wrote: »
    tasty cheap chocolate is indeed an oxymoron, in fact either all chocolate tastes horrible now (US impact?) or my taste buds have changed.
    I rarely eat any chocolate apart from Green & Blacks.
    High cocoa content means you only want a small amount at any one time.
    A 100gm bar will last me a month.
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I rarely eat any chocolate apart from Green & Blacks.
    High cocoa content means you only want a small amount at any one time.
    A 100gm bar will last me a month.
    I rarely each chocolate, I more of a cheese lover, but Green & Blacks was always my go to too (!)
    I had some almond a few weeks ago and it tasted different, so I googled and they have been taken over. I so hope that it's my taste buds, and they don't mess with butterscotch!
  • Pollycat
    Options
    maisie_cat wrote: »
    I rarely each chocolate, I more of a cheese lover, but Green & Blacks was always my go to too (!)
    I had some almond a few weeks ago and it tasted different, so I googled and they have been taken over. I so hope that it's my taste buds, and they don't mess with butterscotch!
    Or ginger.
    Or burnt toffee.

I have however gone off the dark chocolate with chilli. :think:
    G&B have a new range called 'velvet edition'.

Apologies to the OP as this discussion of good quality albeit expensive chocolate is not answering the question.
  • Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe not but it has made me want proper chocolate.

And inspired me. I am going to... buy some G&B's miniatures, wrap them in festive (or maybe metallic) paper, attach them to the tree with lametta. Sound good? OK not bauble shaped, but more interesting than the Cadburys ones and maybe even less expensive per 100g given the mark-up on anything Christmas-branded. (And I'd never be able to wrap anything bauble-shaped in a sufficiently professional manner, before you shake the Malteasers at me again.)
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Snakey wrote: »
    And inspired me. I am going to... buy some G&B's miniatures, wrap them in festive (or maybe metallic) paper, attach them to the tree with lametta. Sound good?

It does in fact I might pinch the idea, you could get some christmas stickers to put on as well it you go for plain metalic paper.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Snakey wrote: »
    Maybe not but it has made me want proper chocolate.

And inspired me. I am going to... buy some G&B's miniatures, wrap them in festive (or maybe metallic) paper, attach them to the tree with lametta. Sound good? OK not bauble shaped, but more interesting than the Cadburys ones and maybe even less expensive per 100g given the mark-up on anything Christmas-branded. (And I'd never be able to wrap anything bauble-shaped in a sufficiently professional manner, before you shake the Malteasers at me again.)
    Well, we have been of help then. :D

Tesco do 12 G&B miniatures for £5.50.
  • brook_son
    brook_son Posts: 5,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Not the cheapest option (although you do get offers on them) but I always buy the Lindor chocolate truffles. Its easy to tie on a piece of string and put them on the tree. Also they come in various colour so look nice too.

:dance:Carry on Comping :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport