Gym usage while working away.

Options
Hi guys,

I'm about to start a new job that requires extensive UK-wide travel... Mainly city based but I'll have a car. My previous and current locations for work have been fixed and they have both had their own, respective facilities.

I don't use the gym a lot, once or twice a week maybe, but I do like to keep fit. What's my best option for the scenario I've set out, are there any recommend national facilities, with lots of locations or anything? I'm a bit out of touch. It'd be good to have somewhere that was. PAYG and not require an induction at every new location.

Otberwise I'll just end up vegitating in my hotel room, next to the mini bar :p

Thanks.

Comments

• ss53
    ss53 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Book hotels with gyms.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you're only exercising a couple of times a week, buy some resistance bands and a pair of trainers.
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Options
    As above, choose hotels with gym facilities, or join a national chain that allows you to use any of their gyms and plot your hotels to be near those, or get a routine together that you can do in the hotel room without much or any specific equipment, or just go out for a run when you've got a chance.

Do your client's premises have facilities? Can you drop a quick "if I'd known you had that here, I'd have brought a change of clothes" or "any chance of a sneaky half hour in your gym before I head off to drive home"
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • davidgreams
    Options
    Mostly boring. only real major upside is that I have to be there for hours at a time, and I'm not allowed to really work out during my shift but I can sneak in sets of pull-ups every few minutes with longer rests and get my overall volume up, which is good because 70-100 pullups in a day is much more pleasant when spread out over 3 or 4 hours than it is in a 10 minute portion of a single workout.
  • colejames
    colejames Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    The energy-bar maker gives employees 30 minutes of paid time each day to stretch, walk, run, bike, climb and stay fit. About 80 percent of the 380 employees at Clif Bar's headquarters exercise on site.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure