Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    As a perennial worrier, as I close in on target (around 1st 4lbs to go now), I'm utterly terrified that I'm going to be left with loose skin. The stretch marks I aren't all that bothered about in reality, but I'm starting to definitely develop loose skin.

Wonder how I can tighten it up :(

Skin is elastic but after 40 the amount reduces, but the skin still contracts to a certain level.

There was a programme on TV a while ago that looked at this issue - some people chose to have operations, some chose to put a stone back on (these were the more happier people) and some just love themselves just as they are. :D:D:D:D:D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    1/2 off this week.

Right direction beanie :T

What happened to the gain you were expecting? ;):p
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Right sunshine mummy you can suggest clothes for me.
    DReadful legs knees & thighs.
    Big upper arms & a bit of a tummy.
    What do you suggest :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    maman wrote: »

She did really well :T:T:T:T:T:T
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Right sunshine mummy you can suggest clothes for me.
    DReadful legs knees & thighs.
    Big upper arms & a bit of a tummy.
    What do you suggest :)

What does dreadful legs, knees and thighs mean? If you have thighs I am soon jealous!

Tummy - high waisted trousers (My tummy is more than a bit so I wear material that keeps my stomach in place!)

Arms - what about those tops that have the shoulder split? but actually cover the wobbly bits.
  • beanielou
    Options
    I have poor muscles particularily in my legs so they really look bad.
    The only time they looked good was when I weighed 7 stone when I split with my XH.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So you need to wear high waisted trousers/jeans, and tops that cover your arms (your shoulders can be on show). Dress the body you have not the one you used to have or the one you want x

:D:D:D:D:D

Yes i have short sleeved tops:pjust not strappy
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1/2 off this week.
    :T:T:Twell done
    maman wrote: »

The gain went the same place as last week off:p
    I have poor muscles particularily in my legs so they really look bad.
    The only time they looked good was when I weighed 7 stone when I split with my XH.

That is too thin you dont want to be that thin :o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Bubbs~~I will never be 7 stone again,
    Even the Dr told me I needed to put weight on!!
    Mind you that was 22 years ago :rotfl:

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, Dia Pita.

GTS I read your post as meaning your son was joining the Slimming World police and had images of him enforcing the plan strictly :lol
    You are not the only one! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Anyone watching Huge?
    Are you spying on me?

We had torrential rain again today. It brightened up late afternoon.

Off for the weekend tomorrow, but I’m sure I won’t be as in control as maman.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport