Genuine Work From Home Jobs

Options
Hi All,

I was hoping that someone may be able to point me in the right direction for employers that allow people to work from home? I have a good PC, good broadband and was hoping that there was someone out there that may point me correctly?

Unfortunately Google does not suggest anything legitimate..

Ideally BT or someone else?

Thanks in advance.
'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.

Comments

• xapprenticex
    Options
    We'd all be doing it if it was just a case of being pointed in the right direction
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We'd all be doing it if it was just a case of being pointed in the right direction

#useful post.....not.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    But true.

I think it’s just a case of spotting that job advert.
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    Exemplar wrote: »
    #useful post.....not.

Its more useful than you think, the end result of this thread (Not getting a magical direction) will confirm it.
  • Nothanks
    Nothanks Posts: 160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've had this conversation with so many people.

I work from home, attend meetings, manage my own diary. Start late to spend time with my son, work late to catch up.

Here's the big secret - no one ever employed someone solely because the applicant really liked the working pattern. Get a job for a decent sized firm doing what interests you, then when you're indispensable, look at how to flexible work from home. It's VERY common in finance sector for example.
    Union official.
    CiPD qualified.

Anything I post is solely MY OPINION. It never constitutes legal, financial or collective bargaining advice. I may tell you based on information given how I might approach an employment dispute case, but you should always seek advice from your own Union representative. If you don't have one, get one!
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    Ditto - I work from home. I got the job by spending a lifetime in a variety of 'normal' jobs that together gave me the skills and confidence to do what I do now, and at the same time meeting and marrying a man who had spent a lifetime building up his skills and experience to a point where he is one of the best in the world in his sector.

When we decided to start our own company, he had all the technical skills and experience to go and do the work, and I had all the finance/admin/negotiating skills to do everything else associated with the business.

Yes, it's a great lifestyle. Yes, I can (up to a point) choose the hours I work - sometimes I 'choose' to work at 11 o'clock at night because something needs to be done. No, it didn't just happen. We certainly didn't start from a point of 'I want to work from home', we started from a point of 'how can we leverage our skills to maximise our joint income?'.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • ssparks2003
    Options
    Lots of jobs can be done at home from a computer. The issue is that you have not given anyone a clue if what you can do or what qualifications you may have. Could you be a lawyer, accountant, aeronautical engineer?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are no high earnings legitimate work from home jobs

You need a unique niche but that's the problem , you need to find one , develop it and grow income.

Some people earn good money doing "experiences" on Airbnb but it's depends where you live and then finding something unique .

But work from home big money is a no go
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nothanks wrote: »
    I've had this conversation with so many people.

I work from home, attend meetings, manage my own diary. Start late to spend time with my son, work late to catch up.

Here's the big secret - no one ever employed someone solely because the applicant really liked the working pattern. Get a job for a decent sized firm doing what interests you, then when you're indispensable, look at how to flexible work from home. It's VERY common in finance sector for example.

Agree with above. Get a good job (need to be qualified though as these types of jobs with this kind of flexibility are few are far between), then negotiate working at home days.

Friend of mine was an insurance broker who worked for themselves - home office. Nice number really if you can do it.
  • Madbags
    Madbags Posts: 222 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2018 at 10:40AM
    Options
    Agree with above. Get a good job (need to be qualified though as these types of jobs with this kind of flexibility are few are far between), then negotiate working at home days.

Friend of mine was an insurance broker who worked for themselves - home office. Nice number really if you can do it.

My current boss was practically working from home (built an office in his back garden) until he needed to hire someone else to help him (me). Now he has a unit in a business park. But the point is, he was doing this for the last 4 years, he didn't need to accept all the extra work if he didn't want it and could still be working in his "shed". The only reason he built the office is because he wanted it semi-separate from his home life he could have just as easily done it all from a study or his living room.

Just got to find something you want to do and build on it from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure