• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Providing a brief summary of your situation can save you a lot of momey
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    Have you looked to see if your local Law School has a Legal Advice Centre? Information about the FRU (Free Representation Unit) is here; http://www.thefru.org.uk/get-advice/employment-advice Have you been in touch with ACAS and received a conciliation certificate?

How best to prepare yourself;
    Get your bundle ready in advance and put it in order (witness statements in one section, documents in another etc) so you don't spend time you don't need looking for a document.

Their legal representation may seem daunting, but they will know that you're on your own and they won't be able to do anything too nasty (the Judge won't allow it anyway). It's best to have a think about what it is that you want in advance. Do you want cash, do you want your job back, do you want them to apologise? Cases are often settled before the Employment Tribunal so you may not get to go anyway, it's best to have your bundle prepared though, just in case.
  • mqgt
    mqgt Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    As an addendum to the above my ex employer has sited inaccurate information against me in their evidence based on my work records with the company. I requested this info via GDPR and they refused. The ICO has agreed that they are non-compliant and have asked them to provide the info. This company adheres to no rules so this is not a surprise. Can I do anything further to get the info
    and penalise them for this failure?
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    mqgt wrote: »
    As an addendum to the above my ex employer has sited inaccurate information against me in their evidence based on my work records with the company. I requested this info via GDPR and they refused. The ICO has agreed that they are non-compliant and have asked them to provide the info. This company adheres to no rules so this is not a surprise. Can I do anything further to get the info
    and penalise them for this failure?

They need to disclose (send you) documents that are relevant to your case, it won't look good for them otherwise. Have you spoken to the FRU? You could try contacting the Employment Tribunal to tell them that your employer is withholding documents that are vital to your claim.
  • James1968
    Options
    Thank you for your link jobingmusician. I am about to start the process of taking my employer to ET for wrongful dismissal due to breach of contract, so will read it thoroughly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure