Options
2»

Comments

• MissPop
    MissPop Posts: 948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    Prolific has also being going downhill recently but is still for me by far my biggest earner

Swagbucks for me I tend to run the apps in the background, I do many searches a day trying to get search wins - very little hassle, very little work for me. I tend to stay clear of the surveys as they are so dodgy, Yes earning is not amazing, but then I am not doing very much work. I usually get 5 or a 10er a month if I am lucky. I think the thing for me with SB is I earn "passive" money, even while I am watching TV or doing surveys for other sites. So I'll take that.

I looked at GiftHulk but it confuses me a little to be honest.

I am unsure why you would complain about SB and then go to a site which pays less, that is shooting yourself in the foot IMHO.

I've found Gifthulk is very poor value, I have never done any offers on there and I no longer bother with the surveys as they pay cents for a lot of effort. I do the basic (search, survey check in, Guess the Card) and that's it, less than 5 minutes. I get around 100hc a day, which is 10 cents. I cash out between $5-10 a month, so about £3.60-7, depending on the exchange rate. Not really worth it at all but it adds to the beer money!

Make £2020 in 2020 - £263.78/£2020

2020 totals
    Swagbucks - £100 | Prolific Academic - £44.54 | Qmee - £10 | PopulusLive - £50

• GreyAndGold
    GreyAndGold Posts: 738 Forumite
    Options
    Wizzbang wrote: »

Anyway, the best way to make SB pay is to become an influencer. Then you'll stop complaining about it!

When you say become an influencer what do you mean? Sounds like encouraging people to sign up for the site in order to benefit from the referral earnings, or do you mean you are able to get favourable terms from swagbucks as a benefit of promoting their site? I couldn't in good faith recommend people to join a site that is squeezing every member of every spare swagbuck that they can get away with not paying out, and doing so would damage your own credibility as an influencer surely? Great for people who already have a long list of people referred when times were good, but I think that ship has sailed at this point.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    When you say become an influencer what do you mean? Sounds like encouraging people to sign up for the site in order to benefit from the referral earnings, or do you mean you are able to get favourable terms from swagbucks as a benefit of promoting their site? I couldn't in good faith recommend people to join a site that is squeezing every member of every spare swagbuck that they can get away with not paying out, and doing so would damage your own credibility as an influencer surely? Great for people who already have a long list of people referred when times were good, but I think that ship has sailed at this point.

You just set up a blog and they pay you to write posts on it. They write the posts, so you only have to do a very minor amount of editing. It usually pays £15 per month, for 2 blog posts. It's not guaranteed - they may or may not continue it. But it's better than any other method of earning SB. It doesn't matter if you get referrals from it or not, but if they do take to it and earn, then you will earn a proportion too.

Personally, I've never had a problem with SB not paying out - provided you provide evidence of an offer completion (i.e. screenshots). And really, your credibility as an influencer is a moot point as they pay you to write posts - you never interact with any referrals anyway.

SB cuts earnings on a yearly basis, it's nothing new so best not to get so het up about it frankly. If it's not for you, then leave it but it still works well for me.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• GreyAndGold
    GreyAndGold Posts: 738 Forumite
    Options
    Ah Okay. That does sound easier than faffing about trying to scrape around for enough sb to hit goals etc. I guess you need to have a decent amount of people who read your blog first before they will work with you.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Ah Okay. That does sound easier than faffing about trying to scrape around for enough sb to hit goals etc. I guess you need to have a decent amount of people who read your blog first before they will work with you.

Nope, you don't need a single follower! They never even ask. I certainly don't get mega traffic on my blog, it has built up though since posting so many Swagbucks offers and advice.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family