Mindful or Mind full?

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How are you Pauline ? What plans for the next couple of days?

It’s certainly frosty here this morning.
  • 117pauline
    Options
    So an update on my list

Out everyday - out Mon, tues and today
    Make and keep dental appt DONE
    A swim
    Feed the birds - Fed and Happy, squirrel back too
    Pay hairdresser finally DONE
    20 mins cleaning - Mon, tues and today
    Change bed DONE and washing sorted
    Finish CV and stop fiddling with it
    Eat properly - Mon tues and so far today
    Volunteering? Food bank?
    Music? Still on my mind

Well, I have an up and down week with yesterday spent hiding. However the reasonable days are getting more and the bad ones not so bad.

I went to my dental appointment and even waited for 25 mins! Not been for around three years so was dreading it. I've registered with a new dentist who was absolutely wonderful and very reassuring. The other staff were great too. And wait for it..........drum roll........... I have made another appointment for tomorrow to see the hygienist plus another next week withe dentist!!

I went into a shop and got an application form for a part time job. I think this is what put me into a spin.

There seems to be a few more surveys around this week which is good news if I have to pay a lot for my dental treatment.

The fibro is being a real pain. It seems I am not managing my symptoms as well as I could. This damp cold weather is seizing up all my joints. That of course means more movement.

I love the idea of squirrel friends all tucked up.

I had just about written off my friendship and I am so grateful I didn't. I am naturally a hermit however I can be sociable and I really enjoyed the meal and chat.

So things are improving all be it slowly. I have a hygienist appointment tomorrow morning. What can be my reward I wonder?

Thanks for popping by
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • System
    Options
    The good days are getting more and the bad day less. Maybe if you can afford and are able to , why not see if you can research a job club that may be local to your home. We have one at our library on a Thursday. There will be an adviser there who can help you with the cv etc. It gets you out as well. In the area I work there is lots of help on getting people back in work., they will be able to help with volunteering opportunities as well.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I volunteer at our local foodbank.
    It is good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    Options
    Me as well through my job. We are encouraged to volunteer.
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Pauline
    Glad everything ok, Ive had no laptop since Xmas eve I tripped over the plug and smashed my screen lucky enough I have a care plan for £8 a month
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You're doing really well Pauline :T.

The more you force yourself to do scary things, the less scary they will seem. Partaking in life is much more fulfilling and rewarding than hiding from life.

I'm really pleased that you've been going out more and practising self care like the hairdresser and dentist :T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    Options
    HH has put it so well , keep on going Pauline .
  • 117pauline
    Options
    I seem to have collected the dreaded cold which gets more awful as the day goes on. I had to cancel the dentist but I will reschedule next week.

Fed birds and two squirrels have returned which wasted an hour this morning. They are so funny as they come up with new ways to get the most food in the most awkward manner. One of them hung himself upside down on the seed feeder and stayed there for more than twenty minutes even as the wind blew him around.

Cleaned and hovered living room. It looks and smells great.

I have eaten properly for the last two days. My halo is very tight.

The CV thing is a bit embarrassing. I retrained as a careers advisor about seven years ago. It's difficult putting into words why I haven't been working for a few years.

I have helped out at the local foodbank before but it still feels one step to far right this moment.

My hips are absolutely unbearable. It feels like the bones are rubbing against themselves. One of those pains that takes your breath away.

Treat of the day -- fresh pineapple, if I can get my *** in gear.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Pauline

Thanks for popping by
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So sorry to hear you’ve been poorly Pauline, what with your painful hips and the cold. I hope you’re now on the way to feeling better.

You’ve had a productive time at home at least and well done on the food! And there’s no rush with volunteering if you don’t feel the time is yet right.

Perhaps you could google the net to see if there is any help on there in composing your CV?

Have a peaceful evening.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income