Car Hire Belfast City Centre

Options
Hello I'm going to be spending about a week in Northern Ireland in July. I want to hire a car and I wanted any good recommendations. I have a UK license etc just looking more for decent companies.

I have googled a few and getting mixed reports. I need to get it from Belfast City centre not the airport as I'm flying into dublin. Thanks.

Comments

• almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Enterprise are on Cromac Street, and Avis, I think, are on Great Victoria Street. Not recommendations, but they're both 'city centre hire car'.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The airport is a 10 min taxi ride from the city centre, don't discount it if you can get a good price.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • CreditCardJunkie
    Options
    Just to note on the above, the George best city airport is 10mins away, Belfast international airport is about 40mins away from the city
    Debt Free as of December 2020 👏

Save 12k in 2024 #35
  • Retireby40
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I know Belfast quite well so know where the airports and stuff are. I lived there for a few years a while back but as I was living there the need to hire a car was zero.

Now I'm heading back to visit folks the handiest thing is hiring one. Just nowadays theres that many companies and options you always like to hear genuine reviews not on the websites of the hire places.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think most of the small independent are now gone due to insurance problems!

Compare all the big operators at Belfast Airport to get an idea on price

Some of them will offer city center Pick up
  • Ticked
    Ticked Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We’ve used most rental companies, found Trustford to be the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure