Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Where did you buy please? I am potentially looking for the cheapest Android just for this offer. There seems to be one in CPW for free with £15 top up. I need to check the details to see if compatible with Android Pay.

S have some RTC £25 too but they have no stock nearby, as I was going to try to blag a phone as electrical (technically not included - is it the till that would stop it or relying on observant staff?).

Many thanks

Anon

The cheapest aren t always very good . They are slower to upload receipts and may keep stopping , don’t usually have much space for apps. I have paid around £100 for mine . The £50 or £60 ones aren t up to much but this is only my opinion and what I’ve found. It really is a case of you get what you pay for I believe.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Annabell5 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,popped on to say the big Green & Blacks compared to T yesterday.A £10 - T £5-50.

Were these 3 4 2 please?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    The cheapest aren t always very good . They are slower to upload receipts and may keep stopping , don’t usually have much space for apps. I have paid around £100 for mine . The £50 or £60 ones aren t up to much but this is only my opinion and what I’ve found. It really is a case of you get what you pay for I believe.

I was thinking the same until I got this N8. It seems fine although I’ve only used it for AP. I would say on par if not better than hubbys samsung galaxy.
    I did buy mine as ‘used’ so I don’t know how much they are new.

(Disclaimer: only my opinion) lol
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well......winning M&S vouchers seems to be easier than spending them...at least for me. £22 of food today and only £8 came off. I tried buying just the £10 meal deal and £5 and £1.76 !? of the £3 came off. I tried again with a yellow label £4 lasagne and butter.... £1 taken from a £5. Must have wasted 30 minutes.

To use android pay at a contactless terminal your phone needs to have "NFC". Otherwise you can still use the android pay app but it'll only be useful for other apps that let you pay with android pay. There's a deal on the darkside for an Alcatel A5. You need to trade in an old phone for £50 cashback but you get a phone, with NFC for £50 ish. CEX are paying £54 cash at the moment so you could look to trade it in when you've finished playing perhaps.

Also...you still get an entry when your payment is declined. How annoying - I had to try again several times. Actually I decided to stop buying maoam etc early on and invested in a "sumup" contactless reader so I can do contactless from my sofa (I'm customer & shop). 1.69% fee so 2p fee if I charge £1 to my card. Still do foodbank shops for the APGs.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 19 November 2017 at 4:56PM
    Options
    Afternoon all

I have an SOS - any suggestions greatfully received.

This morning I dropped the C bomb and asked for the Christmas lists for my 2 eldests.

Eldest son has asked for a knife set in a block and a saucepan set - OMG I have no idea where to start looking - if anyone has any ideas please.

There is no set budget but obviously not OTT eg Le Cruset - GF is very dainty and petite so I dont think she could manhandle cast iron anyway.
    They both cook from scratch most days of the week, 2 young trendy twenty somethings - possibly pans with glass lids and possibly things that go from stove top to oven.

I had a look at Joseph knives but they are OMG price so maybe the next level down.

But he has now sent me a picture of baccarak knife set from a US website at 99 dollars !!!!
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2017 at 4:47PM
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Afternoon all

I have an SOS - any suggestions greatfully received.

This morning I dropped the C bomb and asked for the Christmas lists for my 2 eldests.

Eldest son has asked for a knife set in a block and a saucepan set - OMG I have no idea where to start looking - if anyone has any ideas please.

There is no set budget but obviously not OTT eg Le Cruset - GF is very dainty and petite so I dont think she could manhandle cast iron anyway.
    They both cook from scratch most days of the week, 2 young trendy twenty somethings - possibly pans with glass lids and possibly things that go from stove top to oven.

I had a look at Joseph knives but they are OMG price so maybe the next level down.

These were recently posted on 10ways https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/dp/B00XJIYRRW

Check the 5-piece set. Usual price is garbage - normally £166.99
  • Annabell5
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Were these 3 4 2 please?[

Oh sorry bubbs if Iv'e confused you.I only bought 2, £20 v £11 Thought it was a good buy for a big APG.
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dr. Oetker Ristorante Gluten Free Pizza 3.00 each or any 2 for £4.00

Nice little £2 overage with a couple of Mocs ;)

dr_o_2.jpg
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • mhoc
    edited 19 November 2017 at 5:14PM
    Options
    thepearce wrote: »
    These were recently posted on 10ways https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/dp/B00XJIYRRW

Check the 5-piece set. Usual price is garbage - normally £166.99

£169 :eek:

but the 4 piece is £120 which is a bit better

I can feel my Amazon credit balance being wiped out ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Now with everywhere getting busy on the roads, in car parks and queue s in shops I think I can do without the hassle lol. I’m fed up of queueing to take returns back mainly due to the apg s . I must be getting an old Susie :(

but if CS are more busy they are less likely to remember you if you have to do a couple of returns in a week.

Marks seem to be doing away with their returns desk - these can be done at normal tills now - noticed this in 3 different stores now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure