Options
2»

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,931 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 September 2018 at 8:30PM
    Options
    DRO would most likely be out of the question as you spend too much on everyday items, I appreciate the special diet etc, but £800 on groceries and £260 on smoking would not be allowable expenses at those levels.

Your debts could be repaid by better budgeting if you can reign it in a bit more.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,608 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 15 September 2018 at 8:21PM
    Options
    Getting you under £50 surplus would be difficult but I would not rule it out completely. If any of those 'benefits' are DLA or PIP then they can be disregarded, and maybe we could then look at lower figures for smoking, groceries, car maintenance and ‘other child related expenses?’

However the big problem for your application would be your car value, which breaches the £1000 maximum.

Water at £52 may well be OK - that would be average for the SWW region - suspect some of it is payment towards the arrears anyway.

As for how a DRO affects your credit file - defaults and any form of insolvency stay on your file for 6 years - at least there's an end point
  • Crazysocks
    Options
    Thank you for everyone’s advice.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,608 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Water at £52 may well be OK - that would be average for the SWW region - suspect some of it is payment towards the arrears anyway.

Just realised that, with 3 kids, you may qualify for a capped tariff like this one

https://www.southwestwater.co.uk/bills/struggling-to-pay/watersure-tariff/

Not that this one is capped at much less than you actually pay, but it's worth looking into.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure