PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 8 August 2019

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 8 August 2019 at 6:46AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Thursday 8 August 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that need/want them, hugs to those that are poorly and those looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Light cloud to start the day here, but look's pleasant enough, calm before the storm maybe.

DH and DS1 now getting ready for work, I'm showered, dressed and enjoying my first cuppa and my porridge whilst on here. DS2 settled and ok and has a few days off so is home.

Dinner last night was hot quiche, scotch eggs, ham, pork pie, coleslaw, pasta salad, side salad and skinny chips. Tonight will be chicken, bacon and mushroom HM pie, mash, veg and gravy.

I'm on days' off now until Monday but have the usual "to do" list - so first thing I'll be heading into town to visit the bank and building society, then another couple of shops. There will be the normal round of washing, drying, ironing, housework etc too. I'll just get going with that and get done what I can.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Nice day here again, calm before the storm tomorrow, we are due storms and high winds all day !

Off to work for me today only two more days then I have a week off, I so need it my head is frazzled and I am not as patient as I could be at work so I know that's a sign I need a break.

Chicken for dinner tonight its one stuffed with mozzarella and tomatoes and mushrooms I will do some rice with it and some green veg.

TA the socks did work well yesterday (took away about 70% of the pain) until about lunch time then my feet started to hurt again so today I shall take them in my bag and put them on mid morning and see if that works better, they do work well though and for the first time in ages I was pain free for a while, so big thank you to you xxx

Right I had better get on have good days all xx
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Lovely day forecast ahead of tomorrow's promised storms.

The girls are all still fast asleep so I am creeping around quietly! They are here all day and then I won't see them for about 10 days as they go on holiday tomorrow. Their annual holiday on Jackie's beloved island! They too all love it down there. To save a long and tiring drive they are going down by train this time. There is a big group of them from all over that meet up there every year so they are all getting excited!

This morning we have the weekly shop (sweeties are promised for the journey!) DS taking us. Eldest is staying here to await delivery of a parcel due today. Back to Aldi again. I have decided I prefer it to the new Lidl in the next town.

I think my friend who visited from Oz must be missing the UK a lot, despite living in NZ and Oz since the early 70's. She rang me again yesterday morning for the 3rd time since her visit and was on the phone for an hour! She says she can't wait to visit again - for even longer next time!

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for the poorlies and carers. And a wave to absent friends. TAFF I'm sorry the news of your dad wasn't better. Such a worry. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.

No plans today apart from collecting our winter weight duvet that we've had cleaned.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A quick one as heading off to work soon.
    Redruby I’m glad the socks are working.
    Such heavy rain yesterday! Our dog was a bit scared of the thunder when it crashed overhead but was fine otherwise.
    To be nice here today.
    Easy tea tonight of chicken salad. Morrisons have had an offer on their free range chickens so less than £5 and they do the two of us for quite a few meals.
    Csarina - hope you have a lovely birthday on Saturday.
    Thinking very much of those with challenging or sad times.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning, we are meant to have another nice day before the storms so I'm going to try to get through the washing, I think it breeds in the basket.

Other than that, not really sure. I'm a bit tired, I seem to have spent most of the night floating on the surface of sleep, neither properly asleep nor awake and having confusing, repetitive dreams.

At some point today, I need to mow. I don't like using garden electrical unless there's someone in the house to help if anything goes wrong, I'm looking at you strimmer.

I'm just giving my houseplants a nice soak, then I'll clean up in the kitchen, which I already did before I went to bed. This small hours baking is a total pain.

Thinking if those who are struggling and if our absent friends, I particularly miss OL and hope she feels able to come back.

Love to ~taff, hope your father is starting to pick up a bit.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Cool and damp here, think summer is moving away already.

This morning will be fairly quiet as the cleaner is coming. She just gets on with things after a chat with DM. I’m hoping she’ll want the redundant small TV from DM’s room for her grandson. Probably not as it’s not a ‘smart’ one.

I’m another one thinking about those who are not posting.

Happy Thursday to all.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Steve isn't very well this morning. We are supposed to be going up to his sister's but I can't see it happening, we'll have to wait and see if he improves. His immune system is still suppressed so I'm assuming he's picked up a bug of some sort.

I had a spa day yesterday but, apart from the treatments I had didn't really enjoy it. It was a present from Chris and Crystal so I had to use it but I usually go to these things with Laura and it wasn't the same alone. I won't tell them that of course.

I'd better take Ziggy for her walk, then if Steve does feel better later we can just leave and not worry about her.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Just wanted to say hi, I still read along every day and try to keep up with all the news, thank you for thinking of me Snoozer

Nothing really changes in my world, still chugging along happily with DOH, small dog and of course the lovely Lulu :D

The mornings are definitely cooler and with the harvest in now it’s certainly starting to feel a turn from summer into autumn, days march away.

Take care x
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Really good to see you LaineyT
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all. Lovely and sunny here. I have two loads of washing out and the first one is nearly dry. DH just arrivrng home from the dentist. Clean bill of dental health so that's ok.

Hi Lainey t nice to see you.

Better dash as OH wants feeding. I will try an pop back later but will need to go shopping after lunch.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family