Previous pensions

Options
Hi me and my husband want to find our pensions that we have paid into in our previous jobs.
What is the best company's that are more helpful and maybe free aswell? I've googled it but it's a minefield, there is so many out there.
Thanks Terri

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,691 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only one you need to know about: https://www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details

It's free.

Have you actually contacted your previous employers (or at least the ones you can remember/are still in existence) to enquire about your any pension you might still have?
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Terri78 wrote: »
    Hi me and my husband want to find our pensions that we have paid into in our previous jobs.
    What is the best company's that are more helpful and maybe free aswell? I've googled it but it's a minefield, there is so many out there.
    Thanks Terri

yep and they are all charging you for something you can do yourself and dont need a company for, just like PPI, bank overcharges, passport applications, married tax reclaim/transfer and pretty much any other bureaucratic process.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,427 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you both obtained state pension forecasts?

https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport