Resolvecall agent at my door?

Options
Hi All

I had a resolvecall agent knock on my door have no idea who they are they left a card with just a reference number but no further information regarding what debt is in relation to and I don't want to contact them to find out as I don't want to accept any responsibility for this debt before I find out what it is for and how long it has been going as most my debts were cleared or have reached over the 6 year period. I am just asking if anyone knows of any letter templates etc I could send to them basically asking them what this is in relation to but not actually admitting it is my debt. I really don't want them to come to my door again but need to know what this in relation too firstly? Any help would be appreciated as everything I read online about them is awful!

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Send the provit letter availabie from the stickies.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • gracie1985
    gracie1985 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi thank you I appreciate your help but I have no idea what a sticki is or how to find it as I haven't used this website for years could you point me into the right direction please. sorry
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    gracie1985 wrote: »
    Hi thank you I appreciate your help but I have no idea what a sticki is or how to find it as I haven't used this website for years could you point me into the right direction please. sorry

Certainly, you can find it here :

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2607247

Adapt it if necessary to your situation.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Gracie1985,

First of all, please don't worry about Resolvecall. I understand it must have been a bit unnerving to have someone knock the door, but rest assured this company is not a bailiff. They are debt collectors, which means they have no right of entry or repossession, if they attend again you can ignore them or tell them to leave as they have no more right to be there than any stranger.

I agree with Sourcrates to send the provit letter in this situation. The letter states that you have no idea what this is in relation to and asks them for more information about the debt to prove it is yours, or stop contact.

It may be the case that this is also statute barred, but you need to know more about the debt before we can say one way or another. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure