O2 asking for Statement of Affairs

Options
Morning Folks
I was BR Dec 13, discharged Dec 14.
I posted on here a couple of months ago saying my Experian credit report had some serious errors on it. To be fair, Experian were really quick to contact the lenders and put most of it right.
But I still have an issue with O2, who have refused to amend my record unless I send them my Statement of Affairs. I’ve already sent them a copy of my BO and DO.
I queried this with them, saying that they can clearly see that the debt was pre-BR. They said that unless I sent the Statement of Affairs to prove that this debt was included in the BR, they wouldn’t amend the record.
However, the same debt is shown as Settled on my date of discharge on their records in my Call Credit and Equifax reports... I’ve told them this but it has made no difference.
Plus, the debt showing on my Experian report was initially marked ‘Settled’ (£0) but for some reason was reinstated by O2 in September 2015 (I was discharged in Dec 14). I’m worried that they now think this is a new debt!
Is it normal to be asked for a copy of the Statement of Affairs?
I’m also thinking that even if the debt wasn’t on the SOA, then it’s still a debt in BR, having been incurred prior to BR proceedings?
I’ve raised a formal complaint with O2, and will report this to my OR and the Information Commissioner next week, but would welcome thoughts on this.
Thanks.

Comments

• GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Surely, it was up to O2 to prove their debt to your trustee in bankruptcy/OR. Anyway, whether they did or not makes no difference. Ordinary commercial debts of this sort are extinguished by bankruptcy whether they are notified or not.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • elljay
    elljay Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just tell your OR, they'll sort it out. No need for you to get this involved. Not your debt, not your problem.
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    Make a formal complaint to EXPERIAN that they hold incorrect information and mention the fact that you will complain to FOS after 8 weeks if not happy.
    You are correct in thinking the debt did not have to be on your SOA to be included.
    DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • NINANinja
    NINANinja Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Everyone, really appreciate your help xx
  • maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    O2 chased me hard post-BR for just £400... bless em

They were not on my BR forms so decided that meant they could chase

I enjoy a good chase............I won

Dont reply to them except for sending a copy of your BR

They might sell the debt on....let em
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure