April 2019 Pensions Increase

Options

Comments

• Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DairyQueen wrote: »
    Anyone calculated their personal inflation rate? Mine is 0% as I haven't increased the household budget just adjusted spending within it.

I’d agree with that, I have a “bills” account that I use for all the routine expenditure and the monthly sum transferred into it hasn’t needed to change for several years, although the allocations within it have.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    I'll take it slowly. It's not a problem pointing out some things have gone up in price. It is also not a problem pointing out some things have gone down in price. It is a problem if you only look at one side of the story and dismiss the other side because you want to make a point.

No, I point out large increases in a large proportion of personal budget equalling a fair bit of money.
    You counter, by pointing out tiny decreases in a tiny proportion of personal budget equalling next to nothing.

Yet you attempt to put that across as being equivalent in some way.

Echo chamber? LOL. Sticks and stones.

Oh, don't forget to contact one of the clique on here to thank your next post too!
  • paulhipwood
    Options
    I have been a really good pensioner, haven't done a stroke of work or looked for any. In my opinion I have exceeded all the requirements for my role, so, is there a performance award buried somewhere in the system. I have a Government Gateway account but cannot find a reference to such.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, I point out large increases in a large proportion of personal budget equalling a fair bit of money.
    You counter, by pointing out tiny decreases in a tiny proportion of personal budget equalling next to nothing.

Oh, don't forget to contact one of the clique on here to thank your next post too!

<sigh>
    another for the Ignore List.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There's an ignore list? Excellent!

How do i add you?
  • andy001
    andy001 Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It baffles me- why they decided to chose September figures? Any one with expert knowlegde?
    I would have assumed average for the year as better number??
    I'm not a Financial advisor.
    Please seek independent financial advice.
  • hyubh
    hyubh Posts: 3,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    andy001 wrote: »
    It baffles me- why they decided to chose September figures? Any one with expert knowlegde?
    I would have assumed average for the year as better number??

It's the annual figure from the Sept before the April increases.
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kidmugsy wrote: »
    Wasn't it universally agreed that the reason Brown introduced the CPI was to give him scope for using it? At one point he (it was said) wanted to adopt it retrospectively for some index-linked gilts.

Seeing as how the official CPI series started in 1996 it seems unlikely
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DairyQueen wrote: »
    The complete basket for CPI and CPIH can be downloaded from a link in Section 5 here. 'Tables 2 and 3' apply.

Council tax is one of the 'owner/occupier housing costs' excluded from the CPI but included in CPIH. This exclusion seems very strange given that CT is a material and mandatory cost for most households whether rented or owner-occupied. Go figure.

CPI is an EU (international?) standard. Since there's a lot of difference between countries housing economies nobody could work out a way of including them that would work for all. CPIH is, AIUI, an ONS "fork" of CPI for UK use only
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options

Oh I do apologise, I didn't realise you suffered from paranoia. Don't worry, I'll email the rest of the "clique" and let them know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure