PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Wednesday 7th February 2018

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday JackieO _party_. I hope you have a lovely day.

Time to count my blessings today. I went for a walk this morning. Wish i could have taken my hounds but they arent up to it these days.

I am blessed by the countryside i have around me.
    2w74u2g.jpg

Blessed by the warm shower i needed when i got back. I was frozen stiff.

Blessed by knowing my bills are all being paid.

Blessed by my health and health of my family. I know my eldest boys are sailing a bit close to the wind but all is well right now.

Lastly, i am blessed cause my coat fit me better than it did on Saturday. Near starvation for a couple of days works...:D

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    whiteguineapig I didn't know that I will investigate as every little helps :):):)

Judi it looks gorgeous there, and its sometimes nice to actually count the good things in your life that you are bleesed with. Please don't starve yourself though the odd cuppa and cake has medicinal purposes at times when things go wrong :):):)
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JackieO

Glad that you are having a good birthday.

I need to go and volunteer at the library this afternoon and warn them I cannot do two weeks ahead as it is a DD's birthday and we are planning a shopping trip. Just had a bowl of lamb stew and have some left for tonight before going to WI.

csarina

I am glad DH is feeling a bit better and hope he gets his appetite back soon.

Hugs to all
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Without intending to do so I have ended up lurking and not posting very often. A combination of lack of spoons, very busy days (for me) and too much going on, then add in another head cold into the mix.

Wishing JackieO a very happy birthday, and pleased to hear that your OH is on the mend Csarina and that life will be a lot easier for you.
    Dumpling great news about the little Westie, my best friend has one who comes to stay with us from time to time and Miss Border Collie goes there for a holiday sometime too:D Judi lovely photo, although I live in a small town we are surrounded by beautiful countryside.

It has been a "proper winter's day" so far, cold and frosty start and lots of sunshine and blue sky, does the heart good.

Hugs and spoons, stay warm and snug everyone.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Afternoon all. Just popping in to say Happy Birthday to JackieO. Hope you are having a lovely day.

I've been back at the foodbank today for the second week running. DH has been looking after DGS and taking him to nursery for 1.45. I took a sabbatical when DD accepted an extra session on Wednesday mornings last September.

Beef and mushroom pie for dinner this evening, with new potatoes and vegetables. Must go and make the pastry in a bit.

Hugs to poorlies and worrieds. Have a good afternoon.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all - and a very happy birthday to JackieO!

Woke up to a deep frost this morning, the world looked beautiful from my window though we were in minus figures for temperature. I was up and out by just gone 8a.m. for the drive to Oban. Roads were mostly fine though there was at least one car in a ditch being attended to by police.

My meeting with my colleague was really good, the teaching went really well and my next meeting with my staff member was so much better than the one last week. All good. :j

Judi - love your view and really love your post. Sometimes it is too easy to focus on what's wrong without sparing a thought for what's good.

I've lit the wood burner and am really enjoying the heat. Tea time and then I'll be watching some trash telly.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just popping in the wish a rather late Hoppy Birdday to Jackie. :beer:

Dumpling how lovely that Max will have a permanent playmate; Westies are fantastic little dogs - huge personalities in little packages. I've looked after a fair few of them over the years - 'twas a naughty Westie who had my kitchen bin all out over the kitchen floor. :D

Must go; I want to try and get in a bit of time on the WiiFit before dins.

Still no sleep at night - I may try and sleep on the sofa tonight, in desperation. Mr LW won't like it, but I can't go on like this.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jackie O, have a lovely day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well we are doing quite well. OH managed to walk round the village ti=his afternoon without his stick!! We are getting there at last.

Quite a few people at the coffee morning so plenty of chat........

Saw C in our neighbours garden, she was weeding in our garden when we got back, OH supervised the emptying of the manure bags on the raised beds.

Its been a lovely sunny day, but quite cold, we enjoyed our walk.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    LW can't Mr LW sleep on the sofa if he's causing your loss of sleep? xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories