Loans for £500?

Options
saffy_2
saffy_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
Hi
I've been looking around for a loan for £500. However they seem to be in short supply. In my ideal world I would like it for 12 months :).

My options seem to be credit card - have already transferred money onto a 0% card with Egg and don't really want to put anymore onto a card as basically it is too tempting for me to only pay the minimum, I am more looking to pay a fixed sum a month by direct debit. Also my 0% deal is coming to an end.

My other option seems to be to borrow £1000 on a flexible loan whereby I have the £500 I need and can pay back the £500 I don't!

Any opinions? Also any reccs for best flexible loan?

First posting - so hope I've done this right! :)

saffy

Comments

• Pal
    Pal Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    The obvious thing to do is save the £500 rather than trying to borrow it. Do you really need it that urgently?

Assuming that you do, apply for a new 0% card to replace the expiring Egg card. Then balance transfer your existing CC balance plus another £500 from the new credit card to Egg.

Then balance transfer the spare £500 from Egg to your bank account. This gives you your £500 a 0% interest.

Then destroy both credit cards to stop you spending on them, and then pay off the 0% balance off the new card as fast as you can by paying a fixed amount each month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure