E: 19/11 Win a £10,000 Christmas bundle, 200 R/U £100 Tesco gift cards (SNR Text)

Options
One-Eye
One-Eye Posts: 66,566 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
Tesco Terms (pdf)

To enter, text SENSATIONS (or SENSATIONS1 or SENSATIONS3 or SENSATIONS4) followed by a space, and your name and postcode to 60110.

Messages charged at standard network rate

Entries may only be submitted via text. Only one entry per person during the promotional period.
For the avoidance of doubt only one unique mobile number will be accepted per person.

Tier One prize: 1 x Sensational Christmas worth £10,045
The first entrant randomly drawn will win: 4 tickets to a local pantomime, a Christmas tree and indoor decorations to be delivered at a date mutually agreed with the winner, a chef to cater for 8 people to prepare and cook a 3-course Christmas dinner (the chef will cater for both adults and children and will take dietary requirements into consideration; to be taken on Christmas day, or at a date mutually agreed with the winner), a dinnerware set to include wine glasses and champagne flutes, drinks (a maximum of 4 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of prosecco, this may be adapted to suit the winner’s requirements) and snacks delivery including Walkers Sensations, a 50 inch LED TV, DVD/Blu Ray player and sound bar, one-year Netflix subscription, a £1,350 allowance to spend with Cloud Nine on presents (includes purchase and gift wrapping; winner to provide Cloud Nine with present wish list, subject to availability), a Christmas 4-DVD bundle, a family board game bundle (4x board games), 2 x 2-hour house cleans, 4 x personalised Christmas onesies, a SONOS Playbar Entertainment set, a Spotify Gift Card worth £120, outdoor lights and decorations, 4x Christmas Eve boxes and a £500 Tesco Gift Card.

Tier Two prizes: 200 x £100 Tesco Gift Cards

Comments

• doodygirl
    doodygirl Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone else have issues entering Tesco text competitions? My message always fails
    Wishing everyone the best of luck for 2020 ☘️
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
    doodygirl wrote: »
    Does anyone else have issues entering Tesco text competitions? My message always fails

I've never had a problem. I presume that you have checked that there is not a block on your phone/service on sending to the 5 digit numbers that these comps use
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've never had a problem. I presume that you have checked that there is not a block on your phone/service on sending to the 5 digit numbers that these comps use
    Users on virtual mobile networks may not be able to text the short code.
    Virtual Mobile networks are anyone other than Three, O2, EE, Vodafone (see list HERE). A friend is on Tesco Mobile and they can't text to 5 digit numbers. You may be able to have the block removed by contacting your provider.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I am on 02 and just entered and got reply back so my phone is ok :)
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 October 2019 at 12:19AM
    Options

Which network are you using? I know Plusnet block 5 digit numbers (and it can't be lifted, unless they've changed their stance more recently), but there are probably others that block too (some may be able to lift the block with your permission or it may be permanent).

One-Eye wrote: »
    Virtual Mobile networks are anyone other than Three, O2, EE, Vodafone (see list HERE). A friend is on Tesco Mobile and they can't text to 5 digit numbers. You may be able to have the block removed by contacting your provider.

I've never (in 2 years) had any problems texting 5 digit numbers using Tesco Mobile (it's always worked, ever since I got the SIM, so wasn't something that needed unblocking or setting up). I know quite a few other compers who also use Tesco Mobile to enter too, so might be worth your friend checking this with Tesco as should be ok :)
  • doodygirl
    doodygirl Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Which network are you using? I know Plusnet block 5 digit numbers (and it can't be lifted, unless they've changed their stance more recently), but there are probably others that block too (some may be able to lift the block with your permission or it may be permanent).

I've never (in 2 years) had any problems texting 5 digit numbers using Tesco Mobile (it's always worked, ever since I got the SIM, so wasn't something that needed unblocking or setting up). I know quite a few other compers who also use Tesco Mobile to enter too, so might be worth your friend checking this with Tesco as should be ok :)

I’m on sky contract I thought it might have been because it’s a contract but no one else seems to have that problem maybe it’s just sky blocking the number
    Wishing everyone the best of luck for 2020 ☘️
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    Options
    I’m on sky contract I thought it might have been because it’s a contract but no one else seems to have that problem maybe it’s just sky blocking the number

From what I've heard, Sky do allow some 5 digit numbers, but not all, so either the numbers you've tried to use unfortunately come under those they don't allow or you have a complete block on 5 digit codes that you can ask them to remove (it'll still then only work on the limited numbers they allow though).

Alternatively (if you don't have have a block in place) you may have just reached your monthly spend cap (if you have one set up), so you'd need to raise that as these SNR texts do have a small charge and some monthly spend caps can be set as low as £0.

Hope you get it sorted :)
  • aligiraffe
    Options
    I'm on Sky & the Tesco competition number is not yet on Skys short code list. They are putting short codes on but even though I have spoken to them on a few occasions they haven't got round to this one yet. My Hubby is on Tesco mobile so I just use his instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure