Refund for taxi fare

Options
chuckie851
chuckie851 Posts: 34 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 27 September 2019 at 12:39PM in Public transport & cycling
I was on a train that broke down and the train company didn't send enough taxis to take all the passengers. They told some of us to find our own and then send the receipt in. This would be fine, but they're now saying I can't claim delay repay if they refund the taxi fare.
This happened at a small station after midnight and I was delayed by more than four hours. The train company is Northern.

Comments

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    What does there Passenger Charter say about such circumstances, may well be out of pocket expenses or delay repay, not both.
  • chuckie851
    Options
    I had a look at their Customer Promise. It says:
    Our Delay Repay scheme does not affect or limit any rights you have as a consumer under, for example, The Consumer Rights Act 2015, to a different level of compensation, including consequential loss, where Northern is at fault.
    I'll try submitting a Delay Repay before requesting the taxi refund. If I'd gone in one of their taxis I'm confident they would have allowed the Delay Repay.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    National Conditions of Rail Travel.

"If things go wrong we will, in the circumstances set out in this document below, refund your Ticket, pay you compensation, make sure you get home by another means of transport or provide you with overnight accommodation."

You are entitled to delay repay and the taxi fare.

Do separate claims as delay repay has a defined process. Refunds can take weeks with Northern.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure