Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Must agree - always best to keep a low profile.

This is probably not related but I have always wondered. A long while back I had very poor service from a member of staff and I reported them to HQ - they are still working there so they were not sacked and I still avoid this person like a plague - anyway the matter was not resolved, I think I just got the standard replies about passing my message along etc ...

After which I more or less stopped doing normal shopping at sainsbobs for about 7 months (before the days of cashbook shops ) I just went in and did little £1 shops every 7 to 10 days or so and no till spits came out whatsoever over that period - I think in all it was about 9 or 10 months until I got vouchers from the catalina machines ...
    very sinister - hardly a coincidence?

I know we love a conspiracy but in reality yes it probably was a coincidence. I am still not sure why T vouchers, W and JL stopped when others on here reported getting them :(.

Mrs Anon queried it with JL and they sent some :).

Anon
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Not used them yet.

I got two because the guy in front only bought a paper and didn't want a receipt so when she pressed the receipt button for my transaction it produced his receipt as well, at which point she said 'you won't want these' and I said 'I will if there are any coupons' so she gave the coupon to me quite happily and binned the receipt.

He hadn't swiped a card but his receipt still got a moc, so that means cards and mocs are not necessarily associated. :D

And if you have a tiny transaction and do it at the kiosk, there's also a better chance of a similar thing occurring again. :D

I don't think there's a pattern, it's just a lucky dip, I think.

I seem to think that you need to use a proper till to scan your NUS card - the shop I was in last night didn't have any self scans anyway

I seem to be getting a MOC every 2nd shop but only if there is a day imbetween
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    locarr wrote: »
    Why flog the goose that lays the golden egg?

I tend to agree, but my reason is mainly because I heard two staff commenting on a transaction when the person had gone, nothing untoward was said, but clearly they do take notice and chat amongst themselves about what goes on.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Serendipitious
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I seem to think that you need to use a proper till to scan your NUS card - the shop I was in last night didn't have any self scans anyway

I seem to be getting a MOC every 2nd shop but only if there is a day imbetween

Ah, I don't have an NUS card.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• braveheart60uk
    Options
    Been shopping online for 2 front tyres.
    Did a bit of research
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92873/all-season-tyre-test-20172018-results-by-category

Checked prices for nearly all fitters etc.

Best Price for my choice of Michelin was Kwik Fit, also says you can get free mobile fitting for 2 or more tyres.

Best price per tyre by at least £10. also freebie winter care kit when ordered online
    https://www.kwik-fit.com/offers/michelin-winter-kit-offer and CB from Q 3.5%TCB 3.28%

Still just about £100 each :eek: but as car is the newest I have ever had, I want to make sure I get th best I can.

Hope this can help others who may be looking for tyres.

Also you normally get your receipt in a wee booklet that sometimes has money off stuff in it. I know the staff at my local and have always had good service from them.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Not next door, thank goodness. About a mile away as the crow flies, longer by road. We don't usually hear anything, but there was a right racket last night. Either something noisy going on or the wind was blowing in an unusual direction.

Was the first eviction last night ....
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Ohhhhh thank you Snap . I thought I never saw anything about it . It’s not like me to forget , being a gangsters moll in a previous life. :p why was that do you know ? I hope they put it on some other time then

:o I don't know Emerald, I saw it in the TV guide & went to set the planner to tape it, but it came up on the TV as Bancroft.
    Like you say I hope it does appear, had Timothy Spall in it too :)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    I was most disappointed to find that I’d missed Hatton Garden which was on for 4 days beginning on the 11 th of December. Does anyone know where I might be able to watch it please ?

It wasn't on I was looking forward to it and :mad: something else appeared. Cant remember what
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Was the first eviction last night ....

:T:T hurrah :D

I wanted Maggie to win in the start but I can not fault Shane J - such a well balanced 'normal' understanding kind person ♥
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been shopping online for 2 front tyres.
    Did a bit of research
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92873/all-season-tyre-test-20172018-results-by-category

Checked prices for nearly all fitters etc.

Best Price for my choice of Michelin was Kwik Fit, also says you can get free mobile fitting for 2 or more tyres.

Best price per tyre by at least £10. also freebie winter care kit when ordered online
    https://www.kwik-fit.com/offers/michelin-winter-kit-offer and CB from Q 3.5%TCB 3.28%

Still just about £100 each :eek: but as car is the newest I have ever had, I want to make sure I get th best I can.

Hope this can help others who may be looking for tyres.

Also you normally get your receipt in a wee booklet that sometimes has money off stuff in it. I know the staff at my local and have always had good service from them.

I found Formula One cheapest for us last year, have you tried them?
    They are cheaper booking online than calling in and sometimes have discount codes on their website.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure