PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th April 2018

Options

Comments

• Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,339 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Time to change my wakey-up noise!

Piggers I have a nuclear siren going off for my alarm on my phone, and believe me it can wake the dead. If it can wake me then it can wake anyone and I never heard any alarms going off before that. Be warned it is blooming loud though...lol Maybe you could try that..lol
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,034 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »
    Piggers I have a nuclear siren going off for my alarm on my phone, and believe me it can wake the dead. If it can wake me then it can wake anyone and I never heard any alarms going off before that. Be warned it is blooming loud though...lol Maybe you could try that..lol

I am fine so long as I change it every 6 months or so.. my brain gets used to the sound and turns into a teenager and refuses to get up!! It can't be loud because it can't wake Twinkle.. but needs to be irritating.. like a squeaker or a buzz.. I am usually awake a couple of minutes before the alarm anyway but I've had a few really disturbed nights so I was really tired.. but I shall keep the nuclear siren in mind for when Twinkle is moved out... scheduled for the first day of the summer holidays.. 7 weeks to get used to the 4 sleeping together should be fine I hope.

DW emptied and the few dirty breakfast bits put in.

Away to get dressed and have OH dress Twinkle.. the other 3 are deposited already.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm here, not sure if I'm flying but trying. Load of washing is in and will go and iron what I've just taken out of TD, kitchen is reasonable straight, and bed is made.

Slinky challenge is progressing SLOWLY but am 3.2 kgs lighter than at the start of the year so happy with that

Hugs all round
    xx
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I’ll listen out for that when I’m in sittingbourne on
    Sunday!
    Carolbee
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wow! Quiet on here again today! You must all be flying like mad women :D :rotfl:

I'm all filed out. I've sorted my craft stash too. Back aches but it is much, much better. I have rediscovered several lost items, which is very exciting. And, best of all, I have a huge bag and a box to [STRIKE]offload[/STRIKE] donate to Tiny's preschool.

Just flopped onto the sofa for a few minutes and have caught the start of Ladies' Day on TV. Not really a racing girl, but admiring some wonderful outfits!

Off to soft-play after school to wear out the boys. Meeting a friend and her two there, so might get a bit of a catch-up :T

Hugs all round x
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,034 Forumite
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Wow! Quiet on here again today! You must all be flying like mad women :D :rotfl:

I was out.. got home, ate food, boofing Twinkle them making OH sammiches for work then we have school run, dinner and bed! ... then I might sit down!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    I am here Dizzy, not flying at all but sat on my bum :o Kiddies are crafting and I am just cannot be bothered this afternoon. I am sure my GUAG will return tomorrow!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Friday - a catchup
    Level One

[STRIKE]Clear the floor[/STRIKE]
    Spend at least half an hour doing something just for yourself.. a nice bath, a manicure.. just your time! Make that appointment to have you hair done!!
    Level Two
    Strip the beds and wash those sheets.. and any duvets that need doing
    Flip the mattresses over
    Binbag dance
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Vacuum the floor
    Deweb and defluff the room
    Clean the windows[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    • Wash any curtains/throws/cushions etc that need it
    • Wipe sticky marks from walls and doors and skirting
    • Clean any tv's, pc's playstations in the room
    • Put the discs/videos in the correct boxes and books on shelves
    DW x1
    WM x 2
    living room vacuumed, dusted and mopped etc.
    Kitchen and loo room the same.ownstairs wind
    Downstairs inside and outside cleaned.
    a small raised flower border pulled up ready for plants.

“You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,855 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Sorted out a very large frog/ toad
    Also sorted out the greenhouse / dumped rubbish/ powered inside and outside got rid of the algea and moss, it looks sooooooooooo much better
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Narco I can thankfully say that DH is now getting over this side effect (thrush , mouth ulcers etc). He can now drink a cup of hot tea without wincing in pain, but we are still eating strange stuff. But strangely enough he hasn't had an aversion to dairy...at the moment!! Who knows that could be the next one with this darn MTX. Although since he's been on the injectable version he has been a bit better but still gets some of the horrible side effects. I just wish the fatigue wasn't so prevalent. There are some days he can come home and feel quite bouncy and other days he only has to do something so minor and he's fast asleep. But it does help that he only does three days travelling to London and the rest of the time works from home where he can doze off in the chair at his desk if he needs to. But because he takes his jabs on a Thursday evening, and he only really feels human again on the Tuesday when he goes back to work, we hardly go anywhere now. And one of the main things I've noticed is that he's had to give up driving during that time too..thankfully I can drive although i dread to think what would happen if I didnt..

JoJo thank you for the advice re the folic acid, but weirdly DH only has to take his the day after his MTX injection..he doesn't take it any other time. Although I did find out that if he took it every day bar one, he wouldn't get so many side effects but as his consultant only told him to take it one day a week that's what he's sticking to.

Happy Birthday for today Narco, hope you have a lovely one.:bdaycake:
    Congratulations on getting the job Jazee :T
    Huge hugs Donna, so sorry for your loss honey.

Good news re the weight loss, I'm not sure what, if any I've lost, but my clothes do feel looser and I actually ran up the stairs yesterday rather than stagger up them... I didn't realise I had run them until I got up the top and then it dawned on me, it was actually an amazing feeling. :D

I've decluttered myself out of bed..does that count as flying..lol Actually I've tidied up the living room, washed up the breakfast things as DH had to take a conference call early so couldn't wash up as per normal. And done the doodoo run in the garden :D

Of course you don't change your prescription without seeking medical advice - but the advice can only change if you describe just how bad the symptoms are...keeping somebody in work and functioning is generally seen as a good enough reason to look at ways of reducing side effects.

Not convinced this place is going to be tidy enough by the time Himself flies out. Especially as I'm waking up late and still feeling like I've been through the wringer.

Ah well, review time next week. We'll see whether they have any suggestions - I still can't help but wish I could get a steroid shot, as they were remarkably effective. But reduced bone density isn't something to mess around with, I suppose [sigh].

He's out tonight and I CBA to do anything. It probably doesn't help that I do get anxious about travelling, particularly as he freely admits that he can get lost going from the bedroom to the bathroom at night - and he's not exactly popping round the corner - so I'm trying to put the idea of at least 11 hours of not knowing he's OK out of my mind, more and more, the closer his departure gets. Unsuccessfully. Ugh.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family