Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I had a look around when I got couple Easter eggs 75% off last week but couldn't see anything worth buying without having a conditional spend.

I hoped I might get a till split but nothing. Nothing through the post since last October I think it was, I know the coupons expired November as thought at the time too early for my xmas shop. DD got xmas vouchers and some after xmas telling her about the mywaitrose stopping, all I got was email and I have not changed any of my settings. :(

Thanks.
    The excitement of planning a shop has gone now.
    I'll just be a posh muggle today then and spend a tenner. Would my coffee and paper be included in my 10 total?
    Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Really struggling to keep up at the moment but just skimmed the last few days so hope I haven't missed anything bargainous.
    Despite not being given a choice, Rana money arrived in my bank account yesterday. Thank you OP :beer:
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is anyone else having a problem getting the Wobinson moc to come up? I keep getting an error page.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    I only discovered this thread by accident. My mom used to collect coupons when I was small roughly 30-35 years ago - we used to get loads as my aunt used to deliver leaflets which normally consisted of money off coupons and there were always plenty of spares.

Safeway would take anything and when I was in my late teens/early twenties I always had a bundle in my bag just in case I popped in for anything. I even had my favourite till operators who would take loads some would only take a certain amount.

Sadly very few coupons and you have to buy the product but I still hunt out for bargains. Top bargain this week when I went into my local One Stop was a pork leg joint reduced from £4.50 to £1.35. So far it has fed four as a roast dinner, two as sandwiches and there is probably still enough left for two or three more lots of sandwiches. I do have an electric slicer which makes it go way further than cutting my hand.

Nice bargain with the pork.:D

It's a good reminder that we mustn't underestimate the corner shops/small shops, I often do well at McColl as they reduce fruit and veg to pennies, and bread to 10/15p.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Best have a choc muffin and a Barny Bear bar as a reward for being so good :D

TS, I remember the Special K glitch, was in teskies I believe (or was it adsa, im starting to doubt myself now :o ). Oh, I do miss teskies glitches.

I bet there are glitches that get missed as no one really wombles from Ts anymore now the brand match gets taken off at till.

And I never do a "normal" shop in there so no chance of picking up any misprices for me. :(

I wasn't sure if the SpecK was Adsa as the date seemed too "new" for that big glitch. :rotfl: Think you are right...
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ellsey wrote: »
    Hi, I got a new phone yesterday and was told I can have my old phone unlocked if I want. I know that there is offers like free items on O2 priority and 3 wunto. My question is are they for customers using their network only, which obviously makes sense and if so, could I in theory use my old phone as a pay as you go, buy the relevant sim and get the offers? Thanks in advance x

Always worth getting a phone unlocked if the offer is there to have it done!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2018 at 12:30PM
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I'll just be a posh muggle today then and spend a tenner. Would my coffee and paper be included in my 10 total?
    Tia.

Yes
    coffee £2.20 ish
    Waitrose magazine £2
    newspaper - about 50p

so you need to spend about £6 ish to get to the tenner
    Have you got any Robinsons squash MOCs - it was £1.50 last week.
    Possibly something you need on GJ? Or maybe something with a TMF offer on?
    Shopimum- a few things free eg primula and botanics drinks and some with a good discount ( pm me if anyone wants a code as I think new people get free Nutella)
    I generally get cat food or cordial
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Tia.

As far as I know nothing has changed and yes they would.
  • Poppea
    Poppea Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can someone help me as to what constitutes a 'supermarket' on TCB. I'm thinking of getting the toilet roll from a poundshop (with the 50p cb). Do you think that would be accepted?

TIA:)
    "Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life."
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

Hope everyone is well. I'm sick of the rain - don't know when I'll be able to mow my swamp :(

Me this morning:

Good thought "After my goats milk kefir I"ll have my usual handful of blueberries and fruit"

Walking towards fruit bowl with coffee in hand

Naughty thought: "Oh those giant chocolate muffins were opened yesterday, don't want them to go stale, Mmmmmmm! grab one to go with your coffee now"

Good thought " keep looking ahead at the fruit bowl, keep going"

Naughty thought: "Oh look, a solitary chocolate Barny Bear is lying on the biscuit tin, that would go really well with your coffee"

Good thought " keep looking ahead at the fruit bowl, keep going"

Good thought won - the first of many little Good thought v naughty thoughts battles :o

You are very good. When I am tired or hungry, my good thoughts haven't a chance. I went to London on the train on Tuesday morning and was tired and hungry. S were selling Doritos for £1 (my target price, though I know others somehow get them for less) and I bought a pack and enjoyed being a total pig. Coming back yesterday evening temptation raised its ugly head again but the price had doubled so I went away. Good thoughts pestered me throughout the whole train journey, pointing out that I wasn't hungry and wasn't missing them at all. After that naughty thoughts in A, when I was doing the wine shop, didn't have a chance!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure