Anyone using Fivver?

Options
Someone told me about this site where you can earn about five quid (probably less minus the usual costs/fees) selling your time to do...well whatever.

Is this legit?

Comments

• BrentMeister
    BrentMeister Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    Someone told me about this site where you can earn about five quid (probably less minus the usual costs/fees) selling your time to do...well whatever.

Is this legit?

Yes. Been around a long time.

£3.48 in the UK then minus any fees on top.
  • strangeotron
    strangeotron Posts: 619 Forumite
    Options
    And do you have to submit your bank details?
  • BrentMeister
    BrentMeister Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options

Im presuming so.
  • Kavor
    Kavor Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a quick look around the site and it would appear that payments can be made via paypal.
  • fewgroats
    fewgroats Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is this legit? Most freelance sites are legal, though they did have trouble with reviews, helping people with homework is rather unethical too. If you want a job, you do have to think laterally. "Write a blog for or against Brexit" would get more hits than "Write 200 words of content".
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
  • mummyyum
    mummyyum Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Yes fiverr is totally legit...my partner makes his full time living on this site...if you want to know anything please feel free to ask!
  • strangeotron
    Options
    How would you make enough to earn a living though?

You get three and a half quid per job, that's before fiverr and paypal take their cut. That doesn't sound like much is left.
  • mummyyum
    mummyyum Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    You can make a living and many people do...you do not just sell for $5..take a look at people's gigs and you will see that a lot of them have extras for $30+extra...you would maybe have to offer a really good deal to get started now as there are so many sellers but once you have some good feedback, you can readjust your rates to actually make a decent wage. When my partner started he worked for virtually nothing for a month, but it was worth it....he has worked full time on fiverr from home now for over three years...he is no millionaire but certainly makes a good living.
  • strangeotron
    Options
    Can I ask what he does?
  • pennypincher3562
    pennypincher3562 Posts: 2,229 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    As other posters have indicated Fiverr is totally legitimate. I have used them in the past for Graphic Design jobs.

As to how easy it is to make money, I don't know personally, but I reckon it will be highly competitive.

Here is an article that might help you:

http://www.sidehustlenation.com/fiverr-homepage-earned-920-in-10-days/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family