PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thursday 17th May

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

I managed a few more hours sleep last night so I don't feel so much like a zombie today so I thought I would start us all off. It's too dark to see what the weather is like but the birdies are all chirping away.

Gers, it was Phoebe that started a job last weekend. She did really well and quite enjoyed it and they were pleased with her so she is working again this weekend. She has her last appointment with camhs at the beginning of next month but they are really pleased with her progress and I think the medication has helped her a lot.

TA, just to go along with what has already been said, sending you loads of hugs and hoping Mr TA manages to find something palatable to eat. Such a lot of stress and worry for you xx

Another quiet day here apart from all the banging and noise coming from the builders. I was on the verge of kicking them out yesterday as my stress levels were so high but managed to distract myself for a few hours until they had gone home. I know I am being very unreasonable and it will all be worth it in the end.

Good old sausage and mash for tea, I made some bakestones yesterday but they vanished as soon as the girls got home. I will make a cake today as it helps to be busy. The diet is going very badly and that is all I want to say about that.

I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,678 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning fellow insomniacs. I slept soundly (surprisingly) until I woke with a start at 5.00 and that was my lot. Pleased yesterday's meeting went well HOLLY.

Thanks everybody for all the lovely comments yesterday. I really was at my lowest ebb. Today I shall don my big girls knickers and carry on coping. Wallowing in misery doesn't help. BTW the kids are well aware of all the diagnosis/prognosis etc and up to date with the outcome of every appointment etc. It's my worries about everything I try and shield them from. This stems from my own mother who wasn't good at coping with life and I was bombarded with calls, day and night, from her about the least thing that was worrying her. I swore blind I wouldn't be the same with my kids. It's all about finding a happy medium I suppose!

We went to DGDs confirmation last night and the church was packed to the rafters. It was a lovely service and DGD looked lovely and so grown up in her posh dress. We didn't go on to the restaurant after though as Mr TA just wanted to get home and get his feet up. He couldn't have eaten anything anyway.

Today we have the monthly Oncology clinic in Leeds and travelling in style! The surgery has arranged taxi transfer for us, being the first time. In future, sadly, it will be the normal patient transfer service! The bus/train travelling was getting too much for Mr TA to handle and to drive ourselves through Leeds is not an option!

After a chilly, cloudy day yesterday the sun has got his hat back on this morning. Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for all who need them. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Thanks dumpling - it’s good to hear the Phoebe’s efforts are paying off. Well done her!

That cold wind came back late yesterday afternoon, this morning is not as bright either.

This morning I have work to mark and then later there’s another exam to invigilate, think it’s Higher Business. ‘Higher’ is the Scottish equivalent to English ‘A level’.

I hope everyone is doing well or getting better. Happy Thursday folks.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

TA - thinking of you both x

dumpling - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Blue sky and sunshine, but the air is a bit nippy, hopefully it'll warm up in a while.

Dinner last night was a cheeky takeaway - DH's idea, not mine, but was eaten and enjoyed by us all. Tonight will be the pork steaks that we should have had last night.

Yesterday work wasn't as busy but steady, I'm now on days' off and not back to work until Monday so have my "to do" list today so will just work my way steadily through the jobs. I have a nail appointment this morning, so that will take care of the morning, I'll try to get a pan of potatoes prepped before I go out so at least that will be done, and also give the kitchen a tidy. I have a basket full of washing that did go out on the line yesterday but it's still a bit damp, so that's going to go back out and I have a load ready to go in the WM, I think then I'll be able to start on the towels and bedding. It makes the washing and drying so much easier when it can be line dried and I can do a wash load put it out on the line before work and get it in all nice and dry when I get home.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning hello.gif[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]TravellingAbuela[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] I'm sorry the news wasn't better. Thinking of you both, and please don't apologise! xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Out with Scampi yesterday, I finally managed to talk to the local man with the bulldog – only because he didn't have his dog with him and he was on the other side of the road :D He asked why Scampi reacts, I told him and he said he thought he was probably nervous but wasn't sure. He asked if I'd like him to do X, Y and Z if we spot each other and both have our dogs with us, I told him that was exactly what I try to do but most people think they know better and do something that sets him off. Thanked him very much and told him I wished everyone was like him, lol.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have no work today and the housework is all done, all I have to do is hang out one load of washing. I'll sort through a bit more junk then spend time staring at yarn, I'm hoping the perfect colours for my blanket will jump out at me :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Big hugs to you TA.

Lovely morning again, I hope DS2 and GF are having the same weather up north, he sent some photos and the scenery is stunning. I really must go some time!

I've finished the driveway! Just the power washer to play with at the weekend then I can re-sand it and forget about it for a few weeks. Must keep up to date with the weed killer and perhaps it wont get so bad although there's not much I can do about the moss.

Work again today, parents afternoon so will be bombarded with questions all day from parents! DD is coming to give me a lift to the allotment then home.

Have a good day, take care. XX
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 May 2018 at 6:58AM
    Options
    Good morning, the sun is shining here - yesterday was overcast and quite cold.

I'm working today but a late start as I have another late appointment and also am owed many hours now. I probably won't get many of those back but my lovely manager has suggested that I might just like to work what hours are necessary for the final couple of weeks.

Dumpling, great news about Phoebe.

TA, hope today goes well. You must be exhausted. I'm not surprised about your decision not to drive through Leeds, that city motorway thingy is horrendous. Last time I used it I ended up somewhere I'd never heard of and had to stop for a while and breathe deeply before starting aha in.

Holly, great that the consultant's visit was so positive and that he is listening to what has worked for you in the past.

I really should get on with getting on!

Hope today is good for everyone.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Am online a tad earlier today as have a Lu lesson at 9am, it’s good to have someone on the ground whilst we work advising how things could be done better.
    The weather is nicer here today although still very cold, I sat on the sofa with a blanket around me last night as flatly refuse to put the heating on in May! It’s meant to get warmer today and we are planning to go out for lunch so looking forward to that.
    What an understanding fellow dog owner TRU and good of him to ask how he can help.
    Sounds a positive meeting with your consultant Holly, enjoy your lunch.

Have a good day folks x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Running late so a quick one from me wishing everyone well and sending hugs to the TA's x

Have good days all xx
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,678 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AOD you have described that Leeds system spot on. We only used it once ourselves, quite some years ago, when visiting our nephew in St James. Like you we ended up totally lost without a clue where we were! We stopped a passing man and he looked a bit askance at our question of where are we?!! We got to the hospital eventually, vowing never again!!

When we have to get a taxi from the station they have to use that system obviously and when DS took us for the last stent change he had to use it but he wasn't impressed with it! At least he didn't get us lost though! It's fingers crossed that our taxi driver today is acquainted with it!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure