Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Options

Comments

• GlamourPuss1
    Options
    Helion do lots of car and van assignments all over the country. Some involve one visit while others are 2 visit type jobs. The disadvantage in working for Helion is that they pay in Euros so you will probably find that your bank takes a cut to convert your earnings into sterling.
  • mxmas2512
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have been reading this thread with great interest for a while. Everyone seems so helpful and friendly! I would be ever so grateful if someone could help me.
    I have been a member of edigital research for a while. Evaluating internet shopping websites is perfect for me, as I have multiple health issues that make it difficult for me to venture out frequently, much less whizz around town like something out of mission impossible! (However, seriously, that doesn't me I don't want to, I've done it few times and to say I was excited would be the understatement of the decade!) My question is, does anyone know of any other mystery shopping websites that offer internet shopping opportunities, or things like telephoning etc. I've signed up to ESA, MSL and GFK, but such opportunities are thin on the ground. I do sometimes manage MS in the ordinary manner, but not enough make more than about £10.
    I would be ever so grateful if anyone replies, everyone seems so kind. Thanking you so much in advance, (do I seem over enthusiastic to you?),
    Mxmas. xxx.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    I joined Grassroots in 2011 and enjoyed doing stuff for them. Their list of available tasks seemed to get less varied and now all is see are the bum slapping supermarket. I then check my history to discover these now pay half the rate they did 5 years ago! So it's time to pull the plug - sorry GR, but you'll struggle to get folk to have any loyalty in undertaking tasks.
  • so_very_confused
    so_very_confused Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Buzby wrote: »
    I joined Grassroots in 2011 and enjoyed doing stuff for them. Their list of available tasks seemed to get less varied and now all is see are the bum slapping supermarket. I then check my history to discover these now pay half the rate they did 5 years ago! So it's time to pull the plug - sorry GR, but you'll struggle to get folk to have any loyalty in undertaking tasks.

They are no different to all the other MS, few appear to appreciate loyalty or even good work.
    There are very few jobs that give fair remuneration for the work required. I find I am doing less and less.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • samtastic7
    samtastic7 Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Loads on MF
  • Mr.E.Schoppa
    Options
    The German supermarket with a name that sounds like a synonym of 'small' is back, however they're no longer on MF.

HS Brands is where their jobs are currently residing.
  • GlamourPuss1
    Options
    I would agree with the point about the lack of fair remuneration for the amount of work involved. Very few jobs are even in the ballpark of the minimum wage hourly rate once you factor in the completion of the report and travelling ... I started doing this as a bit of fun and a way to make a bit of extra money but am now appalled at what MS companies expect you to do for the meagre fees on offer. I would love to know how much companies are paying the MS companies for their services because MS companies certainly are not in the business of "seeing their shoppers alright". I am frequently bombarded with pleading emails from MF, emails, texts and phone calls from Gap begging me to take on projects which would not even cover travel costs let alone the time and sheer hassle involved. I have to laugh when MF offer a derisory 30p a mile travel expenses when everyone knows that HMRC allow 45p per mile!
  • samtastic7
    samtastic7 Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Options
    is it just me or does the bit I've underlined read wrong?
    Unexpected questions that helped you narrow down your needs? (required)
    info_callout_white.gifExamples of unexpected questions: "What would your children love to do on holiday, this year?"
    "What will you be telling your friends about when you get back?"
    "As well as your partner, what’s the top things you want to experience on this trip?"
    "What special occasion are you celebrating?"
    "What additional things will you be adding to make this trip very special?"
  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 752 Forumite
    Options
    Agree Glamour. I also hate it when you are told to buy certain items such as footwear and then told you can't buy things in the sale etc, how cheeky when the reimbursement does not cover your spend. MF are you listening plus the reimbursements and fees are not rising with inflation.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If I am not mistaken the GR slapper jobs are not the same scenario as before and quite a simple task. There is a small reimbursement as well as the fee. OK if you are in the area. I see mainly mobile phone jobs with them now and I avoid those assignments like the plague from all MSC
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback