DMP finished Barclaycard want money!

Options
I’d appreciate any advice on this. We finished our DMP 4 years ago. All cleared as far as we are aware. Today I had a letter from Barclaycard saying they’d passed my balance to another company. As far as we know there was no balance. We’ve had no communication from them in the last 4 years until today. Can anyone advise me on what we should do next?
Thanks.
:eek: LBM August 2008:eek:
Total debt £51914.74 Paid off so far £47,611 DMP started November 08 Current debt £4,303.73
Proud to be dealing with OUR debt ! :T

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Has the 'new' company written to you yet? Is it Lowell?

I'd be getting back to your dmp provider to see if you can get confirmation that the balance was cleared.

I suspect what may have happened here is that the dmp provider assumed that interest had been cancelled but Barclaycard hadn't done.

I wouldn't engage with the new owner until you hear from your dmp provider - with a four-year gap there are two years before this goes statute barred and you want to avoid re-starting the clock.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to check what is being recorded at the credit reference agencies - all three have free services.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure