Optima Legal - hopeless on my remortgage

Options
124»

Comments

• Tiglet2
    Tiglet2 Posts: 2,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am 84 days into my remortgage with Coventry, who use Optima for free legals. For the past few weeks, there has been no progress. Every piece of paperwork has been supplied and there is nothing else needed according to the Dashboard........ and yet no completion date set and no response to my many emails over the last few days. I'm left wondering if everyone's abandoned ship.
  • ec9wrr
    ec9wrr Posts: 232 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Terrible. I am only remortgaging so thought whats the worst that can happen if I use the free legal service? They have an online portal, that should be good I thought.

I've emailed three times and sent 27 messages on the online portal. The portal says all messages are responded to within 48 hours. It's now been two weeks and I've had no reply. Not a single reply.

I've just sent them notification that I will be charging for each time I have to call them. It seems calling is the only way to get an answer! Even then they're useless. When I asked for clarification on a fee they said it would be "around £40 to £70". Well which is it, I asked. 4 minutes on hold and they still didn't know what it would be. "the fee depends on the bank you're using". Ok, so my bank is xxx what's the fee? Still no reply.
  • onetwothree.
    Options
    This firm is dreadful. They represented my mortgage company, so i had no choice about using them.
    They charged me £300, messed up my mortgage, so that the offer ran out and I lost the mortgage. I haven't had any money back from them. When I rang to ask what was going on (and for a change they actually answered the phone) they charged me £50 for the call with no warning that it was a premium rate line. They lost papers, continually spelt my name wrong, the name of the property wrong, they lost papers I had sent them .......No one I dealt with was even a legal exec, let alone a lawyer, and they didn't have a clue what they were talking about.
    Unbelievable. I used to be a solicitor so I really do know an incompetent service when I see it
  • pepperpop
    pepperpop Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Im thinking probably the best thing to do would be to get in contact with the mortgage company who use them and get them to complain.
  • Glover1862
    Glover1862 Posts: 410 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They get there eventually, my remortgage took a while, they are owned by Capita, says it all really!!

I used entact for a btl again with cbs and they were very quick, 10 day and two text messages and all done.
  • dowukripper
    Options
    The service supplied was first class we had a trouble free remortgage through HSBC who use Optima as their legal agent.

They use an online Portal where you can upload any required documents and the telephone help is again first class.
    Im posting because the last post is several years old and companies do read their own feed back and can change.

I presume they have as I would recommend
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    companies do read their own feed back and

...ask their staff (again) to post positive reviews?
  • Chalice1017
    Options
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:It is not about patience! Optima are offering a service and they are paid; does the fact that the borrower is not paying make it OK for them to ignore comms and deny the existence of documents just because 1 letter of the postcode is incorrect? I have never known an organisation so flagrantly appalling. My remortgage took over 3 months and FIVE offers from Halifax to complete. After I complained their response was 'I feel we have reprocessed your mortgage effectively and efficiently'. Well I do not, and neither will they once I have enlightened them to certain facts they've conveniently left out of their investigation. I am so angry. Patience?! This company doesn't DO anything unless they're hounded daily from all directions!! If you look up employee reviews for this company you may even start to feel sorry for the poor souls answering their phones; they are clearly suffering even worse than the borrowers. Thank heavens I didn't pay directly for their 'service' since it is worth less than nothing.
    You may think I'm done ranting but if anyone else tries to say 'well it' s free so what do you expect' you'll find I haven't even started.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Chrisb45
    Options
    Optima have caused nothing but problems with my remortgage they failed to carry out a land registry search they did a google search and went with the information from google which was incorrect. I sent them a copy of my paper work from land registry and then continued to tell me this was incorrect so i then paid for my own land registry search from the government land registry site which i will be billing them for my costs and time in doing their job. They then sent me paper work with the wrong type of mortgage and then went back to the land registry is incorrect. I would avoid this company at all costs. If i was a bank using this company i would hate to think how much custom they have lost due to optima bad performance not to mention the damage it is doing to banks reputation and brand. The latest is i have had to explain to them the mortgage offer with the bank and they have concluded they have sent out all the wrong documentation and i will need to employ the services of a solicitor so that they can discuss my mortgage with them as they cant discuss it with me.  
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure