Blowing in the Winds of Change

Options

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh Robin, I wish that there was something I could write or do to make life happier for you, I am sure that all your friends in the box will think the same. Gentle hugs and furry cuddles coming your way.
    MM xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Dansmam
    Dansmam Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear Robin - so sorry disheartening things are happening, or rather that heartening things aren't happening for you at the moment. All will come good for you soon, I know it will, but meanwhile here's a virtual lurcher for you to lean on till the pup arrives. Hope the vegetables are holding out ok? and that grandpup's company brings you much joy x
    I have borrowed from my future self
    The banks are not our friends
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cairn Terrier snuffles, licks and snuggles coming your way Robin
    Must use my stash up!
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    And snuggles from a ever-so-slightly psychotic collie from here too. Do look after yourself x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Robin I'm sorry to read you're feeling so down. I hope grandpup cheers you up a bit and takes your mind off things. I suspect you are like me - fiercely independent and a taking charge of things type of person. What people don't realise is that sometimes we need someone else to take charge for a bit and look after us. Virtual hugs from me and my little Jack Russell xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Bouncy hugs from Oakley and I too. Hope you are feeling brighter today Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "Today have been grateful for a quiet day, for finding a home-made ready meal in the freezer for dinner, and the happy antics of my little visitor."

I have not quite caught up with the diary Robin but I just loved this sentence ... I hope you find a new canine companion soon, as i think you would both benefit so much
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Robin I'm sorry to read you're feeling so down. I hope grandpup cheers you up a bit and takes your mind off things. I suspect you are like me - fiercely independent and a taking charge of things type of person. What people don't realise is that sometimes we need someone else to take charge for a bit and look after us. Virtual hugs from me and my little Jack Russell xx

Robin sending you gentle hugs, SA has said what I was thinking, and as we know when we are able to be sociable people have no idea the effort it takes out of us, and what goes on behind closed doors i.e being horizontal and brain fog. When life changes and we observe other peoples busy lives and they so busy, they don't think to stop and put themselves in our shoes.

Hoping Grandpup has brought joy and love this week, I prescribe more bed cuddles !
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    edited 30 April 2017 at 3:59PM
    Options
    Aww, thank you everyone for your kind words and virtual canine huggles.. :smileyhea

M' last post illustrates why I shouldn't write when feeling wobbly. :o

The Winds of Change have been blowing with wild abandon around the Nest, both literally and figuratively. More rain is desperately needed here so I enjoyed the storms, but my little thin-skinned guest was not impressed at all! Cabin fever has been a problem in between enforced walks; Grand-Pup turns into a cross between Tigger and a baby crocodile when he can't let off steam! He's disembowelled two dog beds and a chair cushion so far, attacked the fringes of one of my antique rugs, and reduced a box of kindling to match-sticks. ..Woke up to a sea of foam chippings and splinters all over the living room carpet. :cool:

Bad news from the UK: Flat sale has fallen through for the second time, throwing my bank account back into the red. Financially am now in a very deep hole indeed - made worse because I've been spending.

Terrible timing, yes, but my motives were good. There was a batch of dogs in a kill-shelter due to be put to sleep last week, one of them a snow-dog. Couldn't resist.. But someone else reserved it overnight, so already having made the decision to save a soul, I picked another from the half dozen still at risk.
    Gardener went to collect him as the shelter was too far away for me to drive there and back in a day, and still be able to function afterwards. The volunteer who was organising this great escape sent me a video of the saddest, most depressed canine imaginable being gently coaxed along a green-doored corridor by Gardener. There is no doubt the dog thought it was his Green Mile..

Grand-Pup went crazy with joy when his new play-mate arrived. In less than a couple of hours the rescue dog's tail lifted and his ears pricked up, as he realised he'd got another chance.
    I still don't know how to put my own 'photos on here, but found one that bar a lighter colouring on his ears and nose, looks almost like The Musketeer [named by the rescue co-ordinators]:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d2/69/c0/d269c0b04be647a4605dd6ee40685bfe.jpg
    Very much doubt he is actually an example of a Korean Jindo as they are rarely exported and if so are likely to be much too valuable to end up in a kill-shelter. His markings caught my eye - they're almost identical to those of the first pony I rescued, many many years ago, from the same fate Musketeer** was facing.
    His resemblance to that much cherished pony was heightened by the fact that he stank of horse stables when he got here! :rotfl:

**Probably won't change his name. It's suitably different from Grand-Pup's that each will know when they are being addressed, and he already answers to it. He is incredibly patient with the pup, who frankly needs to learn better manners. We've only had one sticky moment so far; the first time Musketeer found meat in his dinner bowl, Grand-Pup tried to steal it. Fair play to him, Musketeer backed off as soon as I clapped my hands, so since then I stand between them at meal times.
    Added to the spending by ordering Grand-Pup a special bumpy bowl which should prevent him inhaling his food at light-speed (with resulting fetid wind from the other end afterwards :o). While on The River site, it seemed a good idea to add a couple of K0ngs as they'll be a cheaper option than replacing most of the soft furnishings after Grand-Pup returns to his owners.

Musketeer is very underweight; his sternum protrudes like an axe-head sticking out of his thin chest and every rib is visible beneath his fluffy white coat.
    If the rain holds off today and tomorrow, a trip to visit Dear Vet for a check-up and vaccinations is planned, when I'll also stock up on more high quality vittals for him - supplies left over from CD are almost exhausted.

Today am grateful we've had more life-giving rain, for fate which has brought me a wonderful new companion, and the laughter his antics with Grand-Pup provokes. :D

Spending:
    DS3 for strimming grass - £100
    Gift to DS3 & GGF - £100
    Groceries - £15
    Rescue centre fees and Gardener's wages - £150
    On-line purchases - £25
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Absolutely thrilled to hear of your new companion! Sounds like it was meant to be. I hope you have many happy times together.

Sorry to hear about the UK flat though. Such bad luck Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills