Another viewing after sale agreed?

Options
We had our offer accepted on a property we liked. We would really like another viewing ow after sale agreed. Is it normal for estate agents to accommodate this or will they be a bit 'funny' with me if I request this now?

Comments

• Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rover25 wrote: »
    We had our offer accepted on a property we liked. We would really like another viewing ow after sale agreed. Is it normal for estate agents to accommodate this or will they be a bit 'funny' with me if I request this now?

You're spending probably the largest amount of money you're ever going to on one item. Why wouldn't you have more than one look around it?
  • KiwiCoop
    KiwiCoop Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just say you want in to take a few measurements and check a couple of things. They should have no problem at all - if they do, assume they have something to hide. If you have any concerns get a full building survey done in addition to the lender's.
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    lts normal to ask ,just dont ask for 20 viewings
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • x12yhp
    x12yhp Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    We completed a house a few weeks ago. We took it as read that things like integrated appliances worked, heating worked (etc). On discovering some 5k odds of replacements/remedial work needing done, the estate agents and solicitor tell us that it's our problem and it is buyer beware.

Moral of the story is you need to go in and spend plenty of time checking things. If the estate agent is not willing to accommodate, you risk things not as they should be and having practically no recourse.
    Always overestimating...
  • duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Make sure you look in the attic too.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    x12yhp wrote: »
    Moral of the story is you need to go in and spend plenty of time checking things. If the estate agent is not willing to accommodate, you risk things not as they should be and having practically no recourse.

We were a bit naive when we bought our current house - many years ago. If we move from here, I will go round switching lights on and off, flushing the loos, testing any appliances that are being left - and lifting manholes to check the drains!

I got very competent dealing with drain blockages after we took over this house. :(
  • x12yhp
    x12yhp Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    We were a bit naive when we bought our current house - many years ago. If we move from here, I will go round switching lights on and off, flushing the loos, testing any appliances that are being left - and lifting manholes to check the drains!

I got very competent dealing with drain blockages after we took over this house. :(

Likewise... Now!

Basically, as a buyer, once the money is transferred the contract is almost worthless. If I was a cash buyer, I'd seriously consider doing it myself.
    Always overestimating...
  • firsttimetom
    Options
    If they say no, tell them you'll pull out of the sale and they'll soon change their minds.
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We viewed a house 3 times before committing....and got a home buyers report as well, well worth the money. They will find things you dont see.
  • BelfastFTB
    BelfastFTB Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I ageee with firsttimetom! Funny enough, when we requested a viewing after we had agreed a price, our third in total, it was the EA which had a problem with it. Not the vendor.

Measurements is always a good excuse.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport