Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    In the 70's when I first met the now Mr Pip we hitch hiked from South Wales to Bristol, which involved walking over the Severn Bridge,

Well I needed a wee so had what my mam would call a @country one' in the bushes.. I managed to lower myself down onto a bunch of nettles:o:o

I've done exactly the same, at the Bristol end of the bridge :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    That's what I'm contemplating!

By the way how's the errant one doing?

Errant son seems to be doing really well, passing all of his assessments and coping with everything, especially the food - that was our main worry, that he would whittle away.
    He was used to long hours, early starts and late finishes and working outside so he has taken it all in his stride.
    We went down the other weekend for family weekend and then he came home for 3 days, mostly not doing very much at home but he seemed to enjoy it and then went off back down again.
    So already he is half way through phase 1 - he has done another expedition lasting a few nights and they had a couple of nights in Belgium visiting war memorials and then its a week adventure training in Wales after wich its only 4 weeks until the final passout!

He had a bit of a throat infection over the weekend but eventually he went to the medics, strangely its only on one side so he has gone off with a course of strong painkillers to take
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :eek: Electric Shocking him :)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Thanks..
    I'm home but left him there :( Heart rate 150 & blood pressure 59/90 :eek:
    Hopefully he might get a stent or a pacemaker ???

But I'm not going to Parents with That Sister, fortunately Other Sister has taken my place :)

Snap, you have so much going on at the moment:( wishing fourp well and please do not run yourself into the ground:A:A take care x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :)

Thanks..
    I'm home but left him there :( Heart rate 150 & blood pressure 59/90 :eek:
    Hopefully he might get a stent or a pacemaker ???

But I'm not going to Parents with That Sister, fortunately Other Sister has taken my place :)

Wishing him well snap, please look after yourself aswell xxx
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    :eek: Electric Shocking him :)

Trying to get his heart back into a normal rhythm. They have several ways to go through if this one does not work.

Fingers crossed it works xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Snap (((X)))

We should have had rain today not seen it been hot.

Had to throw loads veg away at work and delivery today refused not good :(

Mum got some of her stuff in flat including pics so should be happy seeing her belongings in room :)

Got home from work to be told by chap across road front and back fencing being done in 3 weeks they been around measuring today will be off then :j:j:j So hopefully should be done during long holidays :D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Errant son seems to be doing really well, passing all of his assessments and coping with everything, especially the food - that was our main worry, that he would whittle away.
    He was used to long hours, early starts and late finishes and working outside so he has taken it all in his stride.
    We went down the other weekend for family weekend and then he came home for 3 days, mostly not doing very much at home but he seemed to enjoy it and then went off back down again.
    So already he is half way through phase 1 - he has done another expedition lasting a few nights and they had a couple of nights in Belgium visiting war memorials and then its a week adventure training in Wales after wich its only 4 weeks until the final passout!

He had a bit of a throat infection over the weekend but eventually he went to the medics, strangely its only on one side so he has gone off with a course of strong painkillers to take

It is good to hear he is doing so well x

You must be very proud of him xxx
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What kind of birthday treat is this???

AA74_F277-_E41_F-449_D-_B1_AB-8_B9_BCDC1_CE16.jpg
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    :eek: blimey, been quiet tonighty.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business