Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    Hardly think my post was judgemental. You're not long out a DMP by the looks of things and in your situation I would be delighted at the offer. The representative advertised rates are for those with squeaky clean records and I'm afraid you don't meet that.
    Maybe not judgemental but it didn't answer my question so why weigh in with your opinion? I recognise I have a poor credit background. I'm entitled to get the best deal I can, same as anyone else.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My apologies.....I thought this was a public forum where people can state their opinion.

No you can't negotiate.....that better?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options
    Fair enough thanks Thrugelmir.

And thanks Mable. This used to be a supportive and non-judgmental forum. It hasn't felt like that lately.

Would you rather posters lie to you or just be honest ?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If people want to help, I'd rather they just answered the question asked, and I very much appreciate those that do. My issue is not with BOGOF being honest, it's about commenting on whether I was entitled to the offer I'd had. Like many, my debts are a very sensitive issue, and like many, I come here for impartial and honest advice.
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If people want to help, I'd rather they just answered the question asked, and I very much appreciate those that do. My issue is not with BOGOF being honest, it's about commenting on whether I was entitled to the offer I'd had. Like many, my debts are a very sensitive issue, and like many, I come here for impartial and honest advice.

BoGoF never said it was the rate you deserved or the rate you are entitled to but just pointed out that with your financial history it's a pretty decent rate.

I'm curious, you come here for advice, in fact you have multiple threads about the same issues, but do you ever give support or advice to any other forum users or do you just take, take, take?

Incidentally if this is a for a loan you want to use toward a house deposit then it doesn't matter what the rate is because the lenders offering loans with representative rate of 2.9% don't lend money for house deposits.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options

Good luck trying to negotiate it, they dont have to offer a better rate.

The rate of 5.4% is good, whether you can find a lender to offer less will depend on theres any lenders out there who can better the 5.4%.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm sure you've looked at how they decide who gets the headline rates.

The lenders with the very best rates (2.9%) can be very picky. I think for many people it is better to move down the best buy table. You might find a lender with a 3.3% headline rate to be easier to satisfy.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Try post office money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family