Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DoctorStrange
    • By DoctorStrange 9th Feb 19, 7:22 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 7Thanks
    DoctorStrange
    Income target of 300 per month from online freelancing - realistic or not?
    • 9th Feb 19, 7:22 PM
    Income target of 300 per month from online freelancing - realistic or not? 9th Feb 19 at 7:22 PM
    Hi everyone.

I've been looking at ways to increase my income and I noticed on some threads that people have used companies like Appen, Upwork etc.

Some posters have indicated that as little as 30 minutes a day can pay 300 a month. However, from some Google searches it seems the roles are difficult to get, and entry-level rates appear lower than that.

I'm looking for some advice from anyone here who uses these sites, and any extra
    info on how it all works, pros and cons, how much time I'd have to spend initially to hit the 300 target and then how long it's take to build the skills/experience to hit that amount in 30 mins a day.

As extra background, I work full time in the investment management industry so have a reasonable grasp of data analysis, regulation, and Excel but I've not got any real experience in coding, app development etc.

Thanks!
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Feb 19, 4:58 PM
    • 61,861 Posts
    • 44,346 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Feb 19, 4:58 PM
    • 10th Feb 19, 4:58 PM
    You will probably do better reading a few of the individual threads and getting a feel for the various options.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,708Posts Today

5,072Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin