Smart Parking Ltd - PCN

Options
Hi, I'm looking some advice regarding Parking Charge Notice that I received this morning, I parked in Balmoral Plaza, Belfast. I had been in the Car Park for over 4 hours, as shopping in different places along Boucher Road, Belfast.
Can someone please advice are these Parking Charge Notices payable, as it is £60.00 if paid in 14 days, or £100.00 after 14 days.
I would appreciate any advice that you can give to myself.

Comments

• Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    edited 4 August 2019 at 3:18AM
    Options
    its a parking charge ( an invoice ,an invite to pay )not a parking ticket .you only need to pay if issued by a traffic warden or the PSNI .
    Dont contact smart parking as it can be seen as an admission of guilt .

The law in Northern Ireland is, the driver is responsible for the charge ,however smart parking cant prove who was driving .They can get the registered keepers details but cant prove who was driving.

An MLA from Armagh area posted on facebook about this recently .

I am on my third letter this time it says DRP debt recovery plus ,all the same company expecting another any day now .
    They try scare tactics ,your charge will increase ,we may refer it to a solicitor ect .Just ignore it ,dont contact them .
    More letters will follow ,ignore them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/northernireland/comments/ac97c4/has_anyone_ever_got_a_parking_charge_notice_from/
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • Tyrone2005
    Options
    Hi "Old Git",

Many Thanks for your reply, Just want to let you know that I contacted "On Your Behalf" Consumer Radio Programme, they told me to contact The Consumer Council, Floor 3, Seatom House,
    28-32 Alfred Street, Belfast. BT2 8EH. Tel:- 0800 121 6022 or 028 9025 1600
    I have to say The Consumer Council were absolutely brilliant, they had all sorted out within 8 day period, I can't Thank them enough, they were the "Super Heros".

Once again "Old Git" you were spot on, and Thank You very much for all your advice.:T
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You should also check-out the detailed advice for NI in the Newbies Sticky at the top of the Parking Tickets Subforum on here - and TBH, it is not wise to identify a driver in any posts here as the PPCs do know about this forum and have been known to try and identify/match-up posters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure