What dental hygiene products do you use?

Options

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Toothsmith wrote: »
    Everyone would be better off, both financially and oral health wise if they ditched all mouthwash.

UNLESS specifically recommended by a Dental professional for a specific condition for a specific time.

Mouthwash is good. Where most people go wrtong is to use it just before or just after brushing. Which is counter-productive.

Though yes a lot of people do not really need it.

And a lot of people don't brush either. it benefits them!

It's just too hard to generalise things.
  • fibonarchie
    fibonarchie Posts: 975 Forumite
    Options
    Carrot007 wrote: »
    And a lot of people don't brush either. it benefits them!

It's just too hard to generalise things.

I've met some.. er.. interesting (shall we say) dentists in my time. Including one who leaned on my shoulder while holding his pen and paper and trying to write while he prodded around in my mouth with his other hand. Cheaper than hiring a nurse I suppose. The receptionist also seemed to be conspicuously absent.

But I've yet to meet one who says don't bother brushing your teeth :rotfl:
    Signature Removed by Forum Team ..thanks to somebody reporting a witty and decades-old Kenny Everett quote as 'offensive'!!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use mouthwash- I get the feeling it's controversial to do that in general, but I'll always opt for the alcohol free type because I don't like the way it burns the insides of my mouth- I wouldn't apply an alcohol solution to my skin without worrying about further damage (drying, killing healthy cells etc) and I can't understand myself why it would be wise to take a different point of view to the inside skin in my mouth. I'd view it as causing damage and would not knowingly cause my body damage as routine.
  • emilyela536
    Options
    I use Mouthwash actuality it takes little time to do and no side effects of cleaning mouth with mouthwash.
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I use an electric toothbrush, tape for a bridge and tepe brushes. Gum score of 0.
    If you use mouthwash, don't use directly after brushing and never rinse teeth after brushing.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I use Mouthwash actuality it takes little time to do and no side effects of cleaning mouth with mouthwash.

Have you done any research on that?
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    That poster had several posts deleted a couple of days ago when they started spamming. This was just a post put on to get the required number to start posting links. Obviously the Mods haven't deleted every single post.

I suspect Simone Mary is exactly the same person, also building up to posting spam links. They appear on the same threads with very similar drivel.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • coffeehound
    Options
    I love polls because the results are always different to what you (well, I) expect. Fully two-thirds now use electric toothbrushes - surprising. Conversely I thought more would be using a tongue scrape. I dont feel right leaving the house without a good scrape.
  • Amanda4242
    Options
    I use an electric brush and use a manual brush to brush my tongue, instead of a tongue scrape. I don't rinse either and since I started not rinsing have noticed how fresher my breath is (well for 10 minutes)!!!!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 463 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
  • pumpkin89
    Options
    I love polls because the results are always different to what you (well, I) expect. Fully two-thirds now use electric toothbrushes - surprising. Conversely I thought more would be using a tongue scrape. I dont feel right leaving the house without a good scrape.

I'm amazed anyone still uses a manual toothbrush!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure