New Glasses blurry vision - Help

Options
Hi all, So picked up my brand new pair of glasses i have a very high prescripion

Right eye +13.00
Left eye +14.00

Bought a new pair of raybans with the 1.76 plastic double aspheric lenses (£220 on thier own) the problem im having is blurry vision what i mean is when i look though the center ish of the glasses i can seen fairly good no blurr but the edges of the lens are blurry

when im reading or on the laptop the text in the center is clear but to the sides its not im getting a little annoyed now as i have paid a lot of money glasses and again im stuggling to see like my last pair

also the lenses are thinner on one side of the and thicker on the other so i thinking this maybe contributing to the blurriness not sure

i know there is an adjustment period for new glasses but everything just feels off and weird

can anyone help thanks
People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are”

Rat Race

Comments

• ratrace
    ratrace Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mee wrote: »

Thanks but i dont think im at that stage yet as i got the glasses on thursday so like i say in my op there seems to be an adjustment time but what i was wanting help with is the blurry edges as i have never had this before in glasses
    People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are”

Rat Race
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Go back to the opticians about it.

When I bought some new glasses recently - there was something not quite right about it and it was making me feel a bit ill wearing them. So I went back to the opticians supplying them and said "Never had this before - it's the glasses and not me".

They had to check them out (albeit they tried to be a bit "funny" about it - as they hadn't been the ones doing the recent eye test:cool:) - but they found they hadn't measured out things correctly on their lenses and had to swop them.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, go back to the optician. I had blurry vision when I had new specs, couldn't see distance well enough to drive. All they needed was a bit of tweaking from the nice lady at speccy savers, a slight adjustment, because they weren't sitting on my face at the right angle.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 April 2018 at 10:05PM
    Options
    For heaven's sake, the only time to ever go through all the complaints procedures is after you've exhausted the basic steps.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    In my case - the frames had been sitting on my face exactly as the previous ones were.

But the fault lay in the lenses themselves - they had got a prescription thing too high up or too low down in the lens for me. When it became clear what the problem was - it was rather a rookie mistake on their part.
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Go back to your optician, the glasses may need a bit of adjustment. You have a complex prescription and they may be sitting to far away, or the bow or tilt of the frames may incorrect, or the measurements taken may be wrong, all this should be checked before any further action (ideally by a dispensing optician) as glasses fit may need a bit of a tweek!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    An important consideration, have you ever had double aspheric index lenses before? Some people can't tolerate the highest index lenses for various reasons and this can induce a sort of "seasick" feeling when wearing the lenses. You should talk over your issues with whoever prescribed the lenses as you might need to go down to a simple aspheric design and see if that helps.
  • kirtondm
    kirtondm Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree if central vision ok probably lens design

With a prescription as complicated as this it needs someone qualfied to have a look at it.
  • ratrace
    ratrace Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks all for your helpfull replys

im going to put them on today and try to get used to them as its been a very long time since i have had new glasses id say about 10 years the reason for this is that everytime i bought new glasses they have never felt right so i used to take them off and just put the old ones back on as i need to see clear for work

from what i have read and heard is that i need to adjust to the new glasses as my brain is used to my old prescription so there is an adjustment time

ill see how i get on

Rat Race
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport