PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 17 October 2016

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 17 October 2016 at 6:33AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Monday 17 October 2016

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark, but damp underfoot but today's forecast isn't too bad, we should get some sunshine, so x 2 loads ready to go out on the line as soon as it's daylight.

DH up and gone to work early. DS1 now getting ready for work. DS2 still in his pit.

Lunch yesterday was lovely roast chicken, stuffing, roasties, mash, brussels, carrots, broc, HG green beans, peas, yorkshires and gravy, apple crumble and custard for dessert - I did have some dessert felt really stuffed for the rest of the day. Dinner tonight is going to be pasta in a creamy tomato sauce with breaded chicken portions with a side of mushrooms.

We did get the couple of jobs we needed to get done - done, so we were able to relax after lunch - a very lazy afternoon. Next weekend won't be so chilled, as we're out all Saturday - and DS2 goes away on Monday so I'll be trying to get him to pack his bag on Friday so we know it's all done.

Back to work today, so we'll see what today brings, nice and busy hopefully. This morning I need to stop at the cash point on my way into work and also purchase the milk (my contribution to our tea/coffee rota), on the way home tonight I need to go over to my Doctors surgery and drop in my repeat prescription for my meds (meds I'm still having to take after my allergic reaction - hoping that after this next 30 days I can start to reduce them with view to coming off them all together - fingers crossed).

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks for the thread NMLC. Oh I do so hate these dark mornings. After another sleepless night, when it came to getting up time I could have stayed in bed!

All is quiet just now and enjoying my first coffee in peace. The DGDs will be to waken up shortly then the usual chaos will follow. DS is on a late shift today so will try and stay in bed until they have gone to school if he has any sense!

The meat and potato pie was enjoyed by all yesterday lunchtime. It's ages since I made one. Late tea was pasta carbonara and there is still some of the sauce left over, so that will be Mr TA's lunch. No idea what dinner tonight will be so a freezer rummage will decide that!

I have almost given up trying to keep the house straight. With all DS's boxes and bags piled up everywhere it's an impossible job. He's hoping he will get a moving in date soon. I'll miss him when he moves out but I won't miss all the stuff everywhere!

Have a good day and (((HUGS)) and much love to the poorlies, worried and stressed. Thinking of LAINEY and her DM as always. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Slowly57
    Slowly57 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for setting the thread up nmic.

Morning All :wave:

Hope everyone is feeling brighter than this wet and grim start to a Monday lol. Busy day today - my timer will be red hot! Hugs/positivity and xxxxx's to all who want them. To those in a dark place, slog on my friend - I know you're probably tired of it, but keep on going xxxx

I was standing at the sink and waiting for the kettle to boil looking at the grot on the ends of my cream linen roller blinds at the weekend. In a trice I had one unrolled and the offending edge flat on my worktop for a good scrub (well, enough to get the grot off without distorting). It took a bit of finangling - but reader, I did it! My kitchen (I have a wide window with 3 panes - so each blind filling a transom) looks so bright - and my OH did a fantastic job of reaching up to dust and clean the tops of the window inner casings. I'm on a mission to do the same upstairs today. Now the seasons are changing I need all the light I can get!

I have a window cleaner to do the outsides and I do the insides as best I can (given my balance probs and my last adventure up a ladder resulting in cracked ribs lol).

Think of me today attempting Mission: Impossible VII - More Light Please (hums theme tune) - I'll be doing all my own stunts lol.

But first - tea!
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • lonewhitewolf
    Options
    Morning all
    Good luck on you mission today slowly.
    Well after a wet weekend I just know work will be manic today. On top of normal jobs I now have to do engineer kpis and invoices for the out of hours. So gonna be mega today.
    Had another turn last night and a fairly bad one at that.took me a while to get straight after it. I really should stay home and rest but there is no chance today. So will just have to take it steady and what doesn't get done doesn't.
    DD1 and DGD spent the day with us which was fun as DGD is becoming a real character now. Can not believe she is 3 next month. She can mow spell her name (not write it but tells you every letter in order)
    DD2 came back not to late last night from her stay at her mates and was full of talk about her weekend.
    FIL has woken up now but has now got dementia. No gag reflex and still now improvement in his left side. He is seeing the team today to figure out what next .
    DH needs more glasses . A pair for reading now along with the long distance ones.
    My sewing box I picked up yesterday from a fb site is perfect . I have been after a large canter lever one for ages but they were so expensive new. This one cost 10 pound and was full of old style darning threads. No doubt I will use them soon enough
    Anyhoo better get on.
    Hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]TravellingAbuela Are you getting any time to yourself, to just concentrate on you? Hope you're OK xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My front tooth is now very wobbly, I can't believe it hasn't fallen out yet. I'd get it sorted right now if I could have a bridge but I can't for this tooth, it'll have to be a plate. I had a temporary plate a while back, I didn't get on with it at all and am dreading one permanently so I'm putting it off as long as possible. Another tooth is a little wobbly, I can see what's going to happen over the next year (probably less!) so when this front tooth falls out I'm going to ask the dentist to get rid of all my top teeth. If I have to have a plate, might as well make it worthwhile, lol. So annoying, my bottom teeth are fine but my top teeth are a nightmare, bone loss apparantly. Very sensitive too. The hygienist says I'm looking after them properly and if she gave out stars, would give me a gold one :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The weather changed at about 9am yesterday, it was quite sunny for the rest of the day. The forecast for today says mostly sunshine with the occasional shower. I have a bit of work to do this morning and a few things to tidy away, shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Might potter around the garden later, if it gets too wet out there I'll come in and get some crochet done.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning, thanks for the thread nmlc xx

I have a slight headache this morning as I was at a Bucks Fizz gig last night and wine was involved. If you ever get a chance to see them they are very entertaining including comedy - who knew? I was sitting next to a die hard fan who bought every item of merchandise during the interval and preceded to show me her goodies. Such a funny night.

Today I am at the church and it will be busy. There were certain things I didn't get done last week, so I need to get up to date. Next week we have a kids holiday club and the following week I leave, which is a scary thought.

Slowly - good luck with your mission today - no acrobatics!! X

Have a good day all
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

I was up before the larks this morning cooking breakfast for the happy campers. They came back here last night after pitching their tent at a friends place about an hour away - the wind and rain was so bad they gave in! They have given up on camping and have booked some B&Bs, they are on their way to Oban just now to get the ferry to Mull, then on to Skye and Inverness.

I'm off to Aberdeen today to stay overnight, a friend and I got a good deal on an hotel with a pool, spa, etc. The train fare was only about £20 too. Hope it's drier up there than here.

Hope you are all well, take care. XX
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

That super moon kept the bedroom lit up until about 3am when the clouds drew in and rain started to fall.

I'm going out early doors to get some shopping in. Insulation Jen are coming 'late morning' so I'm told.

More later no doubt, meanwhile happy Monday to everyone.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Dry and bright here, gorgeous sun rise with the moon still in the same sky :)

Didn't sleep that well again so tired today, for some bizarre reason my hip hurts this morning so not sure if our mattress is supporting me properly anymore, it's only three years old so should be ok?
    Will get over to see Bill this morning and hopefully trim his legs up a bit before the mud season starts. Will take some carrots over for bribery.
    This afternoon will go over to see Mum, she texted last night to say had had a good day and enjoyed seeing her brother.
    Other than that not loads planned, am keeping on top of the chores but haven't got round to planting up any bulbs etc, guess that sort of thing will just have to slide this year.
    LWW sorry to hear about your bad turn, please take care of yourself and try to rest.
    Enjoy your night away Camelot
    What Tru says TA x

Have a good day all, take care folks x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good MOrning chums well it rained a bit during the night I think as the back patio looks a bit damp, but all dry now and even a blue sky.Not cold either :) I have knitting club this morning and I am looking forward to seeing some old friends as I haven't been able to go for a few weeks ,just been too busy doing other things .
    DGS's g/f birthday this week so I will dig out a card from my stash for her and get it sent off.DGS Ben is stressing about what to buy her She is a nice lass and very feet on the ground sort of person.

Hope you all have a good Monday and if you have any your washing gets dried :):):)

Take care
    JackieO xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Up early for us 7.30 am. Engineer arrived just after 8am and is now taking the old storage rads out. Checked the plan, all ok. Rads where I want them.

Just one chap to do the whole job.

Its a bright but windy morning, no laundry to do washed up over the weekend, but towels from the shower out on the line, prefer not to be dried with plaster dust!!

Might manage out in the front garden, lots of weeds I see, might be able to get one bit of the border done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure