Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• streetlights
    streetlights Posts: 3,577 Forumite
    Options
    good afternoon , I hope you are all enjoying your day.
    From a womble dated today. AvT
    2x Batchelors Super Noodles BBQ Beef Flavour (100g) £1.62 £1.00
    2x Batchelors Chicken Flavour Super Noodles (100g) £1.62 £1.00
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    And in other news we were in Waitrose this morning and the tills were spitting out conditional spends £6 wys £30 with about 2 weeks expiry on them :j so I got 2 of them :D

So it might be worth doing a small purchase first to see if you get one before tackling a big list.

As its totally unlikely that I would be spending £30 I went in search of people in Waitrose with trolley loads but mostly people seemed to be doing basket shops. I managed to find one couple about to do through SS and one lady in the biscuit section with big enough shopping loads so I passed the conditional spends along - my random good deed for the day done :)

Well done Mhoc:T:T:T

Cakes out the oven, one for customer tomorrow:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hi Hampy :wave:
    Hope you are ok?
    That the sort of rice i use:T:T but still have some instock and seriously trying to use stuff up:o

Hiya bubbs :wave:

Yep, I'm good thanks - hope you are too :D

I'm the same, supposed to be clearing down the cupboards but the rice doesn't take up a lot of room, or so I told DH :o

Have sold so much stuff the past few weeks on eBay, furniture, pictures, ornaments. We are literally living with minimal stuff and the cardboard boxes are closing in on us :rotfl:. Looked at a house from the outside to rent yesterday, we will hopefully only be in it 4-5 months and hoping to get a 6 month let. If we can only get 12 months we will just have to pay a fee to vacate early.

Our builder said apart from footings he's dug for new builds, he's never had to do so much ground work :eek: I've given up vacuuming every day to keep on top of it, but why am I the only one who takes my shoes off when I come in, the amount of mud that's getting walked in is an actual joke. I'm actually looking forward to moving out and letting them get on with it :rotfl:
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Awww thanks so generous saving me jobs:D
    Didnt know 5 for 7 was on:o:o i have a 5 off £50 till spit thats jusr reminded me:eek:

:D:D
    The meatballs work out @ 17.95 before the discount. Finishes on the 21st I think.

HTH
  • bubbs
    Options
    Hiya bubbs :wave:

Yep, I'm good thanks - hope you are too :D

I'm the same, supposed to be clearing down the cupboards but the rice doesn't take up a lot of room, or so I told DH :o

Have sold so much stuff the past few weeks on eBay, furniture, pictures, ornaments. We are literally living with minimal stuff and the cardboard boxes are closing in on us :rotfl:. Looked at a house from the outside to rent yesterday, we will hopefully only be in it 4-5 months and hoping to get a 6 month let. If we can only get 12 months we will just have to pay a fee to vacate early.

Our builder said apart from footings he's dug for new builds, he's never had to do so much ground work :eek: I've given up vacuuming every day to keep on top of it, but why am I the only one who takes my shoes off when I come in, the amount of mud that's getting walked in is an actual joke. I'm actually looking forward to moving out and letting them get on with it :rotfl:
    Yes im ok thanks:D
    Glad you think you have found somewhere:T hope it all goes ok for you x Is it far from your house?
    You must have the patience of a saint:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    edited 12 March 2017 at 5:35PM
    Options
    MKS wrote: »
    :D:D
    The meatballs work out @ 17.95 before the discount. Finishes on the 21st I think.

HTH

It wouldnt be the meat balls but will look at others , thanks xx
    Edit actually i see there 100% meat so could use for cottage pie , there is no sauce or anything with them is there?
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I have done that before - Some appreciated it, others looked at me as though they were about to call security for assistance :eek:

Anon

I am always very nervous of doing this but so far Ive had a good response - the ladies I spoke to today seemed to be genuinely taken aback, the biscuit section lady seemed almost relieved - a random stranger giving them £6
    You never can tell
    Waitrose seem to be very keen to give me conditional spends so when I am walking round now I am estimating the value of peoples trolleys incase I do get conditional spends :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Just back in my hotel room. Went home and hung out the towels I had washed at Mums and they dried before the weather changed. I went around having the house and got down a few cobwebs ( don't want the assessor thinking i'm a complete slob.) Lounge carpet very wet still but I took up all the towels as I don't want it to dry out completely before he comes. Noticed when I left the lounge door wont close now as it is obviously warped by the water. Kitchen , hall and shower ceilings in a bad way and my bedroom wall and the stair wall very damp. I had most of the windows open when I was there to let some air in.
    Booked the hotel for tommorow night but if he says I can go home I can cancel up to 1.00pm.
    Just reading Sunday papers and relaxing now I have had a throbbing head all day.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    Options
    rose28454 wrote: »
    Just back in my hotel room. Went home and hung out the towels I had washed at Mums and they dried before the weather changed. I went around having the house and got down a few cobwebs ( don't want the assessor thinking i'm a complete slob.) Lounge carpet very wet still but I took up all the towels as I don't want it to dry out completely before he comes. Noticed when I left the lounge door wont close now as it is obviously warped by the water. Kitchen , hall and shower ceilings in a bad way and my bedroom wall and the stair wall very damp. I had most of the windows open when I was there to let some air in.
    Booked the hotel for tommorow night but if he says I can go home I can cancel up to 1.00pm.
    Just reading Sunday papers and relaxing now I have had a throbbing head all day.

You poor love, this sounds like a very long job but once the assessor has been you will have a better idea of what happens next ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes im ok thanks:D
    Glad you think you have found somewhere:T hope it all goes ok for you x Is it far from your house?
    You must have the patience of a saint:D

Just 2 miles down the road so near enough to keep an eye on our house refurb. TBH, I'm used to living on a building site, this is the 4th renovation we've done. The last one we did we moved out while they crashed it out, the first 2 we lived through it. Much easier for the builders if we move out and this time time we defo can't stay here while it's being done :rotfl:
    rose28454 wrote: »

Rose I'm so sorry to read about your flood, I really feel for you. Let's hope it gets sorted out real soon and you can get back to normal :)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport