The Old Money Diet Book (not the new revised One!!)

Options
Received my Book this week. Thanks Amazon and as course Martin.

But I wanted to help other people on this forum (I know what its like to be in debt) so have started a thread here where anyone with the old money diet can give it away here. It'll only cost you post and packing.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=113021

If anyone else can donate their old money diets I sure people will appreciate it.
Looking to raise some money ;)

Comments

• GhostHunter_3
    Options
    Please can someone tell me what the difference is between the old book and the new edition?

Forgive me for sounding stupid but it isnt obvious to me, I dont have either book at the moment and am hoping to order them soon and wondered if there was a need to get both.

My local library doesnt stock them I discovered, so I may order a few extra copies and donate them (thats if they will accept them?).

Also a few for Christmas presents, not that they will be appreciated until the new year!

Thanks

Heddwen
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The old book was written in 2003, the new one I've just finished. So the new one is totally up to date. Also there are 100 new pages of MoneySaving stuff in the new one, effectively it's "revised, expanded and updated"
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • GhostHunter_3
    Options
    Thank you Martin, I shall order them today.

:xmastree: :xmassign: :santa2: :rudolf: :snow_grin

:money: :beer:

Heddwen
    x
  • gentlepurr
    gentlepurr Posts: 4,122 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hav'nt read the new book, but only picked the old book up by chance at the library at the end of october, thinking "i'm so careful with money, you can't teach me anything new, but i'll have a look anyway" how wrong i was. and thank you martin for opening up a whole new world for me. it's now my mission never to buy anything in the shops that looks like a bargain until i've checked out every disount, every free cash site, all the first order catalogue sites etc, and i have to say i've saved a small fortune in spending this xmas. new year mission to cut back without cutting back. i was already a c/c tart, just never realised what a tart i was before. intend to become a stoozer as well in the new year, if theres any stoozing opportunities left with new c/c's then!

lots of luv martin!

xx
    "It is not uncommon for slight acquaintances to get married, but a couple really have to know each other to get divorced." - Anonymous
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport