Holiday boooked

Options
Hi, husband is planning going insolvent, problem is bank statements
required show a payment to a holiday firm as we have a holiday booked.
What they don't know is that I broke my back that month doing overtime and rent council tax etc. came out of my account.
Is this going to be a problem?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You do not plan to go insolvent you either are or you are not.

If he intends to go bankrupt then I would suggest this may cause some difficult questions from the OR. Not least of all will be the fact that any more expenses that the holiday may require (remaining payments or spending money etc.) might not be allowed. You'll have to make your case and take your chances.
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    MEM62 wrote: »
    You do not plan to go insolvent you either are or you are not.

If he intends to go bankrupt then I would suggest this may cause some difficult questions from the OR. Not least of all will be the fact that any more expenses that the holiday may require (remaining payments or spending money etc.) might not be allowed. You'll have to make your case and take your chances.

Sorry, I disagree

Precise planning prevent pith poor performance
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • 74mrjones
    Options
    I had a holiday booked on credit card and flights to another holiday booked on credit card before I went bankrupt. OR didn't mention them or ask about anything spent on credit cards etc. I had 10 min phone interview and that was it. Hopefully be the same for your husband.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was challenged over 1 bargain bucket flight (less than £100) to Spain for a teen to visit grandma.

If only DH is going BR - then you are able to spend your money on what you like. The OR will look at whether you both paid your fair share of any joint debts/household expenses.

Will you be able to cover the extra bills (like you being liable for all the council tax after hubbys BR?) once he's gone BR and still manage the costs of the holidays?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure