PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 17 July 2019

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 17 July 2019 at 6:23AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Wednesday 17 July 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Cloudy start to the day again, but just cloudy, dry and warm is now the forecast for the coming days, possible rain later in the week. I think there's enough to make up a wash load - so will get that going in a bit and get it pegged out on the line.

DH and DS1 now getting ready for work, I'm showered and dressed enjoying my first cuppa and porridge. DS2 settled and ok.

Dinner last night was egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and beans - there was some bbq chicken that needed using up so I cooked that and we had a bit each and there's 1 piece leftover in the fridge. Not sure what we will be eating tonight - I'll find something.

Yesterday I did get a couple of jobs done, I need some more milk so will get that and have a look what we can have for dinner first thing. I need to do some ironing too. My bestie is coming over to have a catch up and some lunch - so looking forward to seeing her, always a good catch up - just not often enough.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Nice day here again shame I am off to work I would much rather be off in the sun enjoying myself.

I made a smoked salmon and broccoli crust-less quiche for dinner last night it was lovely and so low calorie per slice, I have got some for lunch today and put four in the freezer for another time.

Tonight we have some pork fillet which I might do with egg and chips

Washing to do tonight and the dw to be put on this morning and then unloaded.

Have good days all xx
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. A bit of a cloudy start here too but sun is forecast so all is good!

Lovely day of catch up with my friend yesterday and heard all about her adventures in Mexico. She shouldn't have but she bought me gifts from a craft village they visited - artisan hand made dark chocolate (oh yum so good!) and an intricate little beaded bracelet. My favourite was still on the menu too so the morning was rounded off nicely!

Today is bus trip day - only two of us as our third tripper is over at her DD's near York minding her animals whilst the family are on holiday. We have settled on Skipton again for the usual trawl of the cs and market stalls and, of course, late lunch (and bottle of wine!) before we catch the bus back.

GERS it's good to hear DM is eating a bit better now and here's hoping the blood tests don't show up anything to worry about. x

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) to all in need of them and, of course, our absent friends xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,069 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning folks.

It's been a humid night, I woke up at 3am all hot and sweaty - not in a good way!

Just after I posted yesterday the nurse turned up :rotfl: so much for my theories. After that I did a little bit of shopping.

DM wanted the electric blanket taken off her bed as the wrinkles were annoying her. In its place she wanted the 'lilo' which the nurses brought earlier this year. I had to blow it up with the large cardboard tube it came in. At least DM is more comfortable now. Her mattress was new in February so that's OK but her bum is so bony now that her skin needs looking after more.

No idea what my day will bring me apart from getting out for a walk at some point.

Happy Wednesday to all.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning
    Sunny day here. DH shortly off to take dgs to school. I am still in bed drinking coffee.

I went with my friend to see Calendar Girls the musical last.night. it was eye wateringly expensive but was amazingly good. We had a glass of proseccoo before the show and an ice in the interval.

The scaffolding goes up later today and work on our new roof will begin shortly. Thete is some rain in thr forecast from tomorrow so we shall see.

Well hugs and spoons all round. Have a good day folks.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all! Have to water the plants and the greenhouse to last them the next couple of days and it's already warm here, today is going to be blistering...Shower and then meeting and then back to Wales.
    Yesterday I picked up a freebie chest of drawers [ I know!! hoarding again!!] to do up, it's a lovely little piece, old fashioned and has the marks to prove it's age. It will go for under the xbox so I can move the one it's currently sitting on to the porch to put the recycle bin on so I don't have to bend to fill it. It'll also hopefully stop the ants from thinking it's a free food source, I've already decimated one nest there. The silicone is very slightly cracked along the bottom but I can't be doing with removing it unti I've tiled it, otherwise I'll be re-doing jobs.

I really need to make a list of to do jobs when I'm here at weekends otherwise nothing will get done again..

TA, the chocolate sounds lovely! Gers, ew, bony bum, shame there's not something like the padding that 18th centruy womens wear required..Gintot, happy new roof and carpets!. Speky, I remember some discussion about not needing a hat quite yet? Should I get one though just in case? nanny, good luck not nuring on sports day, factor 5000 for you!
    Hey to all those who are not here, I have aquired a new toy so should be able to post again from Sunny Wales, I will keep you updated on the price of leeks and the house in the middle along with who's coat is that jumper [ old jokes...]

Weather Girl Wednesday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning, another lovely sunny day and I have garden stuff to do. I also have no ironed clothes so I will have to do that soonish.

I also have some baby gifts to make so a busy day, well busy week really.

Looking forward to hearing from our missing friends, hope they come back soon.

Gers, would one of those swimming ring things help your mum to be comfortable?
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It was very foggy first thing but that has all burned off and now it's another lovely sunny morning. Rain is forecast on Friday which will be a big relief to all the gardeners I'm sure.

I'm listening to Mr Loaf singing Bat out of Hell and warbling along with him complete with air guitar in the appropriate moments :D Lee is very amused but it makes me feel like I'm a teenager again :rotfl:

We have had shopping delivered this morning as I am wanting to try low carbing again as my last blood test showed my diabetes was not being very well controlled. I'm not surprised as I have been feeling a bit sick of it all and have been eating whatever I fancied. However, I need to get a grip again so instead of spending £40 on a Chinese takeaway for the family I bought some fish and chicken, stir fry and salad and enough ingredients to make some of the nice dishes out of the Pinch of Nom cookbook seeing as redruby I think made me remember how good the recipes are.

My mum and sister are coming over to see me this afternoon so I will be chivvying the kids to have a bit of a clean up although it still looks pretty good from the epic clean it got on Friday. I have put a load of washing on as well to try and keep on top of things. I am still so happy to come into the dining room after it's makeover and it looks lovely and uncluttered.

Salmon stir fry for lunch and PON's chicken and leeks in a blue cheese sauce with some broccoli and cauliflower for dinner tonight. The kids are having sausage and mixed beans pasta bake. I am also trying to drink more plain water as I have developed a bit of a diet lemonade habit. I know it's sugar free but it isn't good for my teeth.

Hope you all have a brilliant day whatever you are up to, sending out hugs and cwtch's to all the struggling. Take care all xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning chums and another beautiful day in the garden of england .Just put a small wash on the line and the breeze is blowing it gently dry Just the sort of weather I like at the moment around 22c with a small breeze :)
    RR any chance of the recipe for your crustless salmon and broccoli quiche it sound really nice .
    I have a cheese and mushroom stuffed pepper for lunch today with a salad I have found by switching dinner to lunchtime I can happily make do with a light snack in the evening With all the driving around with the boys delivering them to their jobs and picking up again by the time I get home at night I really don't feel like standing over a hot stove .Last night I had a couple of boiled eggs and crackers with my feet up :) and it was nice not to have much to do in the evening
    gers I too was thinking your DM might like a rubber ring like a swimming thing to sit on in bed must be so uncomfortable in the hot weather bless her .

Just about to make a strawberry jelly to go in the fridge for later I will stick a tin of fruit cocktail in it and once set its a quick pud for tonight after my snack if I fancy it

Happy Birthday to anyone celebrating ,half way through July already this month is flying by

<<hugs>> to those in need of one

Take care chums

JackieO xxx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,069 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Gers, would one of those swimming ring things help your mum to be comfortable?

Thanks for the thought AOD - the district nurses frowned on that suggestion when I made it earlier this year. Seemingly it transfers pressure from bum to heels and folk can fall off it! Anyway, they provided this mattress overlay
    which is comfortable so far.

dumpling wrote: »
    Good morning everyone :hello:

I'm listening to Mr Loaf singing Bat out of Hell and warbling along with him complete with air guitar in the appropriate moments :D Lee is very amused but it makes me feel like I'm a teenager again :rotfl:

You took me right back there dumpling! I saw Meatloaf live in concert eight years on the trot at Newcastle City Hall. Great showman, I can still see all those hankerchieves floating around his head. At one point there was talk about him buying a house in Hartlepool, all to do with a monkey.

My short walk was very enjoyable if a tad sweaty. I just did a tour around the block looking at all the building work being done to convert two unused Victorian schools nearby. Now I've been in the shower, cooled off and dressed again.

Now I've got a plan for the day...I need to collate and clearly label a lot of my financial dealings on behalf of DM. Yesterday I (eventually) got British Gas to move the direct debits for DM's utilities from my current account to hers. A few months ago I was told that I couldn't do that, last night it too ten minutes. As I'm using a POA it's not good to have our financials tangled up.

The new Ian Rankin /Rebus book is lying on the table trying to get my attention.:rotfl:
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've been reading but cba to post as nothing really is going on here. We had sister-in-law and friend down for a couple of days last week but didn't see much of them because they were at Wimbledon.

Steve has a clinic appointment this afternoon, he had a CT scan last week so fingers crossed that the treatment has been successful. He will have bi-monthly injections for two years and hopefully that will stave off any re-occurrence for a good long time.

Laura is doing ok, now at 26 weeks so not too long now until we meet our little grandson.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure