PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thursday 10th May 2016

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone and thanks for the start Holly, good news and well done that GP.

Like others we have had rain overnight which was good for the plants :j
    We are off to Windsor later for the Horse Show, DSS’s gave me tickets for tomorrow as my Xmas pressie and then DOH added evening tickets for tonight as an added surprise, maybe as a way to make sure my plus one was him :rotfl: anyway, tonight we will be enjoying FEI dressage, pony club games, musical ride by the Household Cavalry and the Shetland grand national, can’t wait and am very excited as you may be able to tell!! I did warn Lu yesterday that I may well get some ideas so she’d better watch out :D

Wishing Csarina a restful holiday, have a good day all x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 10 May 2018 at 9:04AM
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs if you need one)))))))))

Holly I am so glad that your Dr has had a success with your being assigned to a different consultant and MHW, a victory for both of you. I think it is scandalous that your old consultant has made you so scared of being in your own home and has got away with it. His and the MH team is unexcusable.

We have had rain overnight, all the windows in the house are on the lowest setting and locked, we will leave them like that whilst we are away, I am dreading what they will find when they get the sink out. If I had the strength I would get the cooker out to see what the floor is like behind it.........it will take a lot longer than a week for the floors to dry out, I know at least one if not two boards in the kitchen will have to be replaced, and possibly one in the bathroom if it does not dry out.

OH is planning an hour in the garden, I need to pull together the clothes etc for Monday, we need an overnight bag for our stay in Bristol. so PJ's etc and toilet articles need to be in a small bag.

Having trouble putting extra time on OH's phone. I thought calls to the provider were free, but it keeps telling me there is not enough left to make the call, damn thing, I will have to see if I can make the call from my phone, they are both on the same network. His is PAYG, mine is on a contract until December when I plan to convert it to a sim only.

We had rain overnight, I had to go out and water some of the plants, they were really drooping, the wind yesterday had dried them out.

Sausage and mash tonight.......ice cream for dessert.
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Morning everyone and thanks for the start Holly, good news and well done that GP.

Like others we have had rain overnight which was good for the plants :j
    We are off to Windsor later for the Horse Show, DSS’s gave me tickets for tomorrow as my Xmas pressie and then DOH added evening tickets for tonight as an added surprise, maybe as a way to make sure my plus one was him :rotfl: anyway, tonight we will be enjoying FEI dressage, pony club games, musical ride by the Household Cavalry and the Shetland grand national, can’t wait and am very excited as you may be able to tell!! I did warn Lu yesterday that I may well get some ideas so she’d better watch out :D

Wishing Csarina a restful holiday, have a good day all x

OOh lucky lucky you.. have gone a leprechaun shade of Green. Never been to Windsor . Did go to the Driving trials many years ago with our first Lab puppy. He was so small we carried him most of the time..if we only knew he would turn out the size of a small Shetland!! If you ever get chance to see the RHA display it is a spectacle worth seeing. Enjoy your trip.

Went to a Humanist funeral yesterday. The first one I had been to and it was quite moving.

hugs and spoons to those in need.
    Bye for now
    Mehefin
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Holly I'm so pleased you have been given a new consultant. Your GP is worth his weight in gold.

Broken nights sleep for me, peeing for England. Still havent had my new lot of medication yet as its not due for a fortnight. Cant wait to get my hands on my water tablets.... I have swollen up like a balloon. When i am lying down, the water i gain during the day expels, hence i am peeing all night but at least my knees and ankles go back to normal. Yesterday and today was the only free day i had to go to see the GP and they cant get me in. I'll wait, only a few more days to go till my next lot is delivered. I wont be making that mistake again as my GP has agreed to let me have it dispensed into a dosette tray. Meanwhile i will suffer with what my Mother used to call "tree trunk legs". Honestly, my knees and ankles are huge!

Not happy with my bin men. They've not taken my recyclables and my neighbour has filled what space i had in my bin with her rubbish. Not amused. Im waiting for the general refuse truck to come so that i can make sure it goes or i shall be phoning the council to complain.

Got up this morning to find 'Blackuns' eyelid stuck together. Spaniels have protruding eyes which leaves them at a bit of a disadvantage when trying to keep their eyes clear and she has got a dry eye anyway so i stuck her in the bath (second time in a month) and let a gentle mist of water clear her eye. Of course, when you bath one, the other hound has to be bathed too.

Still banging from next door but it will be over soon.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to all those in need, have a great holiday Csarina.
    WiFi is still very iffy but at least it's sunny here and breezy so I have done two loads of washing and CHS has set the whirly line up for me.
    Very late night last night, CHS is supposed to finish at 9:30 but the hirers don't finish their classes until then, then they clear up, then they stand around and chat, by the time CHS has cleared rubbish and moved the furniture back and locked up an hour had gone by so we didn't get himself me until gone 11:30!
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,264 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    HH Does CHS get paid for that extra 30m? never mind the extra 2 hours he actually did?!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I took Ziggypup for a walk up the hill behind the house and manged to fall over. Luckily didn't do too much damage but I'm a bit shaken. I dropped the lead as well but luckily Ziggy didn't go anywhere and I managed to retrieve it because we were in a field of sheep. Not that I think she would have chased them but she would have gone towards them out of curiosity.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Holly well done that GP! Hoping you can now get to the road to feeling heaps better - starting with feeling safe, calm and happy in your home.
    LaineyT wrote: »
    :rotfl: That did make me laugh out loud m!!!8217;dear, hate to burst your bubble but said grey mare has torn two larger holes in each of her hay nets because her Mum dared to get ones with the small holes in a vain effort to slow down her eating!
    Oh dear; sound like she needs an equine version of a doggy "eat slowly" bowl! :D Or is she secretly in league with mehefin's Bruisemare? :rotfl:
    Enjoy Windsor.
    Jaeger dresses for £155 - in my dreams!
    Good grief - my wedding dress was "only" £154 (albeit that was in 2003). And I carefully chose something I could wear again afterwards, to the opera and stuff like that. :money:
    Snoozer I hope you're ok after your fall - I take enough tumbles these days to know exactly how you feel (worst time was when Jack Spaniel pulled me off the mobility buggy). Good that Ziggypup didn't run off. What a good dog!

Off on our holidays at sparrowfart tomorrow, so you're rid of me til 21st May (don't all breathe a sigh of relief at once, please!).
    Behave yourselves while I'm gone. :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Holly I am so chuffed for you :T Don’t forget to put your GP on your Christmas Card List :):D
    You have had such a tough & scary time & through it all you have shown strength & grace :) & have been an example to us all :):T

snoozer glad you are OK

HUH, glad the weather is perfect for drying - here in France it is another chilly & showery day :(

Judi, inconsiderate neighbours are a PITA & bin men not doing their job properly :( always seems to happen after a BH :mad: Hope ‘Blackun’s ‘ OK now

Nelski, try not to stress yourself out too much :) You can only do what you can do - the rest can wait :) I know you are looking forward to your spa break - I’ve never been & am a bit jealous:o but then if I don’t let my DH know how can he surprise me :rotfl:

Deleted_User, wishing you a good holiday :) You are doing what has been asked of you re the kitchen floor so hopefully there will not be too much disruption when you get back :o

redruby, hope the plumber is efficient & conscientious & finds the leak in double quick time. Apologies if you have already thought of this, but Re the insurance, as a fail safe I would keep copies of what you send & post either recorded or registered delivery :o giving them no excuse to delay proceedings any further :o

LaineyT, enjoy Windsor Horse Show sounds very entertaining

To everyone I have missed have as good a day as possible.

Even with the chilly & showery weather a couple of people have turned up today for the house clearance - three more items sold :) However we never had the hordes we were hoping for & are now relying on the cs people turning up & taking what they want, with, I am ashamed to say, everything that is left going to the Tip :o:( We have tried very hard - advert in the sm, big signs outside the house & F*c*b*ok M*rke* Place + a French selling site - with only small successes :(

We are pottering at the moment as our mojo keeps waxing & waning :rotfl:

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LameWolf have a great holiday - I for one will miss you:)
    MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure